USC Class of 2027 — Regular & Early Action Decisions

Son was admitted to Dornsife (PPE) after being deferred EA. He has strong ECs, a rigorous courseload (15+ APs), and relatively high stats (3.96UW, 4.6W, 1490 SAT), but definitely not as high as some others here. I’m not sure USC is going to make the cut as he has some pretty substantial merit from some other places that might be a better cultural fit, but still proud of him and super impressed by the stats of all the candidates here who applied.

5 Likes

Not all legacy’s are offered TTP. Also, it is offered to non-legacy as well.

There is no waitlist, spring admission sorta replaces that.

Viterbi Pathways and Trojan Transfer aren’t guaranteed transfer, but def a big boost and highly likely - you have to take correct classes and get the grades, then re-apply through common app again like any other transfer. But they know you are coming in thru these programs.

Biggest thing to consider is possibly giving up another 4 year, although you can attend a 4 year, but they discourage it cause they have to - they can’t encourage you to commit to another 4 year knowing you will leave it, other schools would frown on this. But kids do come into USC through these programs from a 4 year. Or do abroad or a community college.

Also housing for transfers is not that likely as a sophomore.

But if you really want your degree from USC it could be great for you.

This TTP thread is still current, program hasn’t changed:

1 Like

Son was accepted, after being deferred EA! We didn’t expect it… so happy for him.

School/Major: Dornsife, Biology
City/State or Country you are in: Seattle, WA
Were you deferred Yes or No? Yes
Will you attend? Likely, but still waiting to hear from BostonU and UCB
3.92UW/4.3W
1430 SAT (did not submit)
12 APs/Honors
Strong ECs & Leadership
Strong Essays
Summer activities: Youth Ocean Advocate internship at Seattle Aquarium, theater camp counselor, youth soccer coach
Community service: 400+ hours
Legacy: No

I am humbled reading everyone’s stats, so many amazing young people. Congrats to all who were accepted.

4 Likes

Congrats to all Class of 2027 admits to USC and best wishes to those going to other schools! My son is a freshman at USC and did the Spring admit experience at American University Paris last year for the Fall semester. Happy to advise Spring admit parents with their questions (was in same spot a year ago, and got the perspective on this forum from those that went before us).

9 Likes

Accepted
School/Major: Dornslife/ Chemistry
City/State or Country you are in: OOS: NJ / Magnet type school for health sciences
Were you deferred: Yes
Will you attend? Not sure- top 3 right now are USC, UCLA, UNC- visiting CA soon

GPA 4.0/ School does not rank/ Dual enrolled & will have AA in general science
3 sport athlete, lots of leadership, community service with 4h club for 3 years, certified emt

2 Likes

This is exactly what we started researching. Thank you @mrsthawk ! I may send you a message with more questions.

Michigan is an incredible campus and experience! Go Blue!

1 Like

Those are incredible stats indeed! What instrument are you? If you are an AIME, you are going to do amazing no matter where you go! Sometimes I wonder about the admission officers.

Are all applicants who are ‘rejected’ offered ( at the bottom of the rejection letter) to apply as a transfer student and offered to attend a Trojan Transfer Information Session in June?

so how does one know if they are offered to participate in the Trojan Transfer “Plan”?

Not everyone is offered this, it is an invite only transfer plan. If offered, it is within your denial letter. So if you have info about attending an info session in June, this is the Trojan Transfer plan.

3 Likes

Thank you! Yes, she fell in love with the campus and A2 when we visited. I’m worried about her first real winter but she’s looking forward to it.

I still love USC very much though and secretly hope she considers the TTP. Fight on and Go Blue! (Gotta get used to the latter, it sounds so new to me!)

Again congratulations to all who received good news today. You deserve to celebrate this weekend.

3 Likes

I went to Michigan and my son wouldn’t have minded despite the winter but they didn’t admit him! These college admissions are such crapshoot… you read about many of the kids that got rejected here in this forum - certainly makes me pause and count the blessings. She will do great at A2 (kids find it very hard to just drop it and leave in 2 years)!

2 Likes

For you spring admits looking to go abroad:

Study Abroad
USC has established agreements with these five American institutions in Europe. Each is U.S. accredited, and instruction is in English. Space may be limited, so apply soon. Each school has their own brief, fast-tracked application in the links provided below. Students will stay connected as a USC-bound cohort, so you will have an instant network of fellow Trojans upon returning to the U.S.

American University of Paris
Franklin University Switzerland
Richmond, The American International University in London
John Cabot University, Rome
Anglo-American University, Prague

Could be great fun and certainly an adventure!

You can also take a gap semester and make some money or attend a CC and save some money! Lots of choices.

Some choose to live at a place like Gateway in the fall so they are still part of the campus buzz and may work or attend a local cc.

3 Likes

I promised I would post results since my son received a flurry of Financial Aid emails this week.

Accepted!
Architecture major
Chicago suburbs
5.1/5.0 weighted gpa, something around 4.6/5.0 unweighted (I think, not sure)
many APs/Honors classes and AP Calc AB as a junior
submitted an art portfolio and video as required by the School of Architecture (I have absolutely no way to gauge the quality of these, but like to think they were good)
didn’t submit test scores
ECs were a variety of in-school peer leadership things and 4 years varsity water polo (captain), 4 years swim team, summer job teaching swim lessons
obviously can’t say for sure, but his essays were probably good (he’s been a peer tutor in the writing center for many years) and I’m thinking maybe good teacher recs
Will you attend? Can’t answer as he’s interested in architecture, design, industrial design, etc. he also has great options at UIUC, Cal Poly SLO, DePaul, and Iowa State

4 Likes

Well we haven’t had anyone say they had the flurry but were rejected. Not a scientific survey, but interesting. And this only applies to those that were getting them say 24-72 hours prior to acceptances from what I can garner from the posts.

Thank you @Poloboysmom and congrats!!! Good luck on the decision.

2 Likes

Son got in, no legacy status, test optional.

6 Likes

I got in : )

6 Likes

Thanks CADREAMIN for clarifying about Trojan Transfer. Any idea whether the student will be granted their 1st choice Major (Viterbi) upon matriculation as a sophomore? vs 2nd choice Major (Dorsife)?

It would be for first choice but during June info session if any interest in changing you can discuss with advisor assigned to you.

It use to be you had to come into what you applied for, and it may still be that way, but would rather have anyone asking about that to talk to advisor to be sure. I don’t think someone that got into Dornsife can change to Viterbi until after they start at USC as a sophomore through the regular change major process.

1 Like

If it makes you feel any better, my son – who got into Viterbi – got rejected from CS at UIUC. (He was admitted for Math, but the option to transfer to CS is closed at UIUC.)

1 Like