USC Class of 2027 — Regular & Early Action Decisions

They are the same and do not stack. Congratulations!

1 Like

It would be good to start a thread for study abroad/TTP/spring admits for this year to consolidate this information. It will get buried in this general thread and would be good to have all in one place since you have a lot of info on it.

1 Like

Thank you. So, technically if some is a NMF they pretty much get half tuition without going through scholarship process as long as they declare USC as their first choice. Correct?

Correct. If a student is a NMF and are accepted, they are guaranteed the half-tuition Presidential scholarship. If they were admitted early and interview, they are interviewing for the full-tuition Trustee scholarship.

If your student does not receive a NM corporate scholarship or the NMSC $2500 scholarship (should have found out yesterday), they will receive an additional college sponsored NM scholarship (previously $500/semester) from USC.

Your student must declare USC as their first choice school with NMSC before May 31.

https://ask.usc.edu/app/answers/detail/a_id/898/~/what-types-of-scholarships-are-national-merit-finalists-eligible-for-at-usc%3F

1 Like

Does anyone know if NMF scholarship would be extended for students doing TTP for when they enter USC the following year?

1 Like

are people emailed about scholarships or is it only on portal?

we got the email

Accepted
GPA: 3.8 Weighted
Major: Music Industry in Thornton
Extracurriculars:
Head of Arts Council school program
Girl Scouts (Bronze & Silver Award)
Over 300+ volunteer hours at local church
School Show Choir Club Co-Founder/Head
4 Different Arts Conservatory involvement (Dance, Theatre, Tech Theatre, Instrumental)

Summer Programs (Sophomore Summer/Junior Summer)
Berklee College of Music 5-Week Summer Program
UCLA Music Business Program
UCLA Songwriting Program
NYU Recording and Production Summer Program
Syracuse Audio Engineering Program

Still laughing because my favorite movie of all time on my app was Mr. Peabody and Sherman.

Let me know if you have any questions!

2 Likes

Super helpful, thank you!

1 Like

It’s so nice to know that someone else is in a similar position! I also went to an extremely unacademic Appalachian rural high school and did most of many of my classes through a community college (my high school also gave grief over this/did not allow participation in leadership roles/did not count GPA from DC classes etc.) It’s difficult not to feel envious of the opportunities that others had (classes, clubs, internships, extracurriculars, etc.)
Congrats on West Point! That is an amazing school and well deserved! It sounds like he gained acceptance without much environmental support, which really shows a go-getter spirit.

3 Likes

Yes, he will definitely apply. He was offered Echols at UVA, so an honors program at SC would have great appeal!

1 Like

Welcome to College Confidential. It looks like your username may have defaulted to your real name. If that is the case, please follow the instructions in the link below to change it.

My daughter was accepted into spring 2024 and we already selected USC as the first choice in NMF a while ago. Does anyone know when the merit scholarship is out? it is not in the portal or email.

1 Like

My D23 was accepted for the spring term and she will take a USC acceptance anyway she can get it!
School: Annenberg/Public Relations
State: Maryland
Will she attend? Hope so–it’s her dream school to but need to wait and see if she receives tuition exchange award–can’t afford otherwise.
For today though we are celebrating that she is one step closer to being a Trojan and trying to stay positive.
Stats: 4.0 (UW) 4.8 (W), ACT: 34; APs-11
No hooks, strong ECs/leadership

3 Likes

The NMF takes awhile to show on your financial statement it may not be till June? We didn’t look at ours till July when things were formed up. I don’t think they process NMF til after deadline but it’s been a few years - @lkg4answers may have more definite answer. It if accepted and NMF you will get it!

thank you. we did not apply financial aid though.

1 Like

Still the same, we didn’t either but it takes awhile for the “real” bill to show up with scholarship credited.

The NMF half-tuition Presidential should show up 2-4 weeks after you declare USC as your first choice with NMSC. I’m not sure how long it takes for spring admits or if someone takes advantage of Trojan Transfer.

1 Like

Hi! My son was admitted to Thornton. We don’t see anything about Merit aid. If he were to be offered it, how would we know? Thanks!

3 Likes