USC Class of 2027 — Regular & Early Action Decisions

Usc did state at one of their AMAs end of Oct, if a student has taken most of their APs in their senior year (or most challenging courses) compared to before, this could be a reason to be deferred to RD because they want to see the senior year midterm grades since they are taking a lot of challenging courses senior year more than previously.

2 Likes

Yes Im sure in some cases if theyre not convinced based on what material they have, they would defer. There will be no rejections in the EA round.

I really hope that they reviewed my child’s application since it was complete and not for a school with a Dec 1st deadline in the early round but do not have high hopes since it asked you to select EA or Rd on the app. She applied to a SCEA school that did not have the exception caveat for scholarships as Stanford did but she did apply prior to Nov deadline but had to mark RD. We will see I guess end of next week if they reviewed it.

1 Like

If she applied RD, even if early, I don’t think there is a chance they considered her for EA. Just to set expectations.

1 Like

Yeah she won’t be considered EA since her Common app states RD. One of the disadvantages of applying to SCEA.

My application shows financial aid application in review. Is it suppose to say review complete?

Under review is normal and expected at this point.

2 Likes

Does anyone know how many applicants are accepted each year? Does anyone know how many seats they plan to fill in EA? Trying to figure out how many will be available to fill for RD. Thank you

I was thinking the same thing. I keep checking to make sure they are not requesting anything from me.

1 Like

Check their Common Data Set. Per 2020-2021 CDS, 27931 men applied, 4630 admitted, 1623 enrolled. 31881 women applied, 4988 admitted, 1814 enrolled. You can search for other years. I saw on their page on the Common App “We estimate that 20-25 percent of our admission spaces will be granted during the EA round.”

2 Likes

that seems low because the RD would be 80-75%? Why wouldn’t they take more during EA to encourage EA? Am I reading it wrong?

@CADREAMIN : Do they provide FA information with EA decision or will that come later?

1 Like

Do they provide merit scholarship information along with EA decision or is that later?

That’s what they publicly posted and that seems reasonable to me. Go to your Common App and click on USC. It’s under Application Information.

Not a lot of people are ready to submit their apps by 11/1. Also schools don’t want to take too many in the early round from such a small pool.

Thank you!

1 Like

Maybe they want to see midterm grades. When I called them today they emphasized send in midterm grades for Rd.

1 Like

are there any early signs of potential acceptance? I’ve heard about USC dropping hints to prospective students.

1 Like

where is the stats for approx how many people usc wants to admit ea? can someone link the article, from what I recall it was about 20-25% of their total class right? so give or take somewhere between 1600-2000 kids out of 45k ea applicants will get admitted on the 20th, does that mean the ea acceptance rate is only projected to be between 3-5% ?? :sob: now i have regrets not applying rd and taking the extra time to polish my supplements considering how low the ea acceptance rate is

same its literally harder to get into

1 Like

From the USC Admission FAQ

Do admitted Early Action (EA) applicants receive their financial aid earlier than Regular Decision (RD) applicants?
Most admitted students will receive their financial aid summaries around the same time. EA applicants should apply for need-based financial aid by January 9, 2023 and RD applicants should apply by February 10 to be considered for all types of financial aid for which you may be eligible.

1 Like