USC Class of 2027 — Regular & Early Action Decisions

Congrats to those who got in. For those who go, you’ll have a great experience. That won’t be my DS who was rejected. Mom was an alum, but dad was a Bruin.

Applied for Marshall
4.0/4.7ish GPA (not sure how exactly to calculate, all APs and Honors except Spanish 2 and 3) - 12 APs and 2 DEs. 5-5s 2-4s
SAT: 1530, NM commended
Good school leadership in competitive academic clubs, tons of volunteering since 9th grade and won a regional volunteer of year award over other adults and college students; started non-profit that was selected for training and funding from a competitive program. PT job and some other ECs. Overall, good ECs but not as good as many I’ve seen on these boards.

Accepted to UCLA and other UCs
WL: WashU
Denied: Swarthmore
Waiting on a bunch more next week but UCLA definitely takes the sting off. Going in we though he was more likely to get into SC than UCLA because UCs were test blind. Guess we were wrong. I was fretting the cost of $360k+ though as I have 2 more to send to college. We won’t qualify for financial aid and saved for college but not $1.2m.

Good luck to everyone. Just know there are a lot of great options all around.

8 Likes

hi! i got the same message, would you be able to chat about the option too with me please? thanks!

Just wondering, does the first sentence “your ties to the Trojan Family” mean another one of your family members attended?

No sorry, didn’t know she was Roski. Good luck!!!

1 Like

TTP abroad turned out to be better than getting in as u meet/live/bond other alumni TTP friends for life you would not ever have met otherwise on a very busy large campus. (in addition to saving on 1st yr tuition). There will usually be a TTP instagram where you can find roommates and meetups.

4 Likes

Thank you!

It can be good (I wouldn’t say better than starting as a freshman at USC), but not every kid or parent is ready to spend a semester abroad. And the experiences vary greatly by city so they need to do their research.

Yes

My son is not a legacy and the TTP offer wording is different.

1 Like

Agreed. Paris kids seem to like it the best as its closer to the campus than the others

Yes, assume so, does in our case.

1 Like

Rejected.
3.97 UW/4.67W
From SoCal
Test Optional
3 internships/ 2 jobs
NHS
15 AP/IB classes (IB full diploma candidate)
2 JV/Varsity sports
no mention of TTP
this was my dream school😔
Congratulations to everyone accepted!

OMG I got in for Environmental Science and Health !!!

Thank you so much to everyone on this thread. You all were so supportive and made this thread really feel like a welcoming community :slight_smile:

My only concern is finances…but scholarship decisions come out tommorow

congrats to everyone who got in !!!

5 Likes

You may have to get one of those “house divided” USC/UCLA car decals!

2 Likes

Son goes to Texas. Plan II is impressive. Congrats!

1 Like

Rejected here.
High 1400s
History

Looking at these other rejection scores, it’s humbling! Good gracious. Good luck to everyone.

4 Likes

@peachesnsmiles Yes, daughter from Texas and denied right at 5:00 pm CDT

Where did you/your student do their Study Abroad? Which program/country?

Daughter Denied, but offered Trojan Transfer. She is not interested in TTP.

Our sheltered daughter had never even been to Europe and matured greatly. Over 10 different alumni families that she met through the program cared for her like their own from 1st meeting and it would have been very unlikely she would have had even close to the same experience if she was admitted 1st year.

5 Likes