USC Class of 2027 — Regular & Early Action Decisions

D23 accepted into SCA / Film and Television Production.
We are from SF Bay Area. Will definitely go.

S20 was admitted early in 2020 into Viterbi/CS, received Presidential Scholarship and Viterbi Fellowship.

Fight on!!! :v:

4 Likes

Daughter not accepted after being deferred EA, but offered TTP. Sister is a junior at Marshall. So freshman year at University of Michigan, then we’ll go from there.

If you didn’t get in, trust that you’ll be okay. Make the most of your other opportunities. Good luck!

And of course congratulations to all the new Trojans. Fight On, class of 2027! :v::heart::yellow_heart:

5 Likes

We in the Bruin family welcome you. :wink:
It’s a fun rivalry!

3 Likes

SCA - That’s incredible - congrats!

1 Like

Isn’t there an “update to your admission status” hyperlink?

Re: merit, does that mean Spring admits aren’t eligible for the National Merit Scholarship, or is that an exception?

They are eligible for that, sorry for confusion.

2 Likes

No I’m not sure why

1 Like

Thank you and several other “Forum Champions” , I have learned a lot about USC since early 2020.

Back then, my S20’s dream school was MIT, but after he visited USC during the interview for scholarship, USC became his No.1 since we could feel that students on campus are all so happy. My D23 has also set her mind on SCA since that visit. I am very glad all worked out.

3 Likes

You are so welcome and congrats to both of your Trojans - they can share each of their USC experiences forever and always cheer for the Trojan teams together! Makes for a fun house!

2 Likes

I hear you! After my daughter pitched the idea of study abroad, I suggested working and saving money to pay for school - LOL! We moms are a buzz kill! Interesting notes about housing. Will have to look into that too since I don’t want to send my daughter to school and not have a dorm to send her too!

2 Likes

Some interesting notes on Spring housing here. Until we got my daughter’s letter, I didn’t even know this was a thing! Lots of research still to do!

Housing for Spring | USC Housing

3 Likes

Got Marshall Pathways Program. So Guarantee Transfer into Marshall in sophomore year if I meet the requisites.

5 Likes

My son was spring and he was at gateway……. He loved it. It’s mostly spring admits and a cross the street from campus. He loves it

3 Likes

My son is accepted to Thornton! :man_dancing:
From the PNW
Regular decision
We did get FA requests and will be loading up some final pieces tonight. The financial aid and any scholarships will be the primary factors about whether my kid can attend.

4 Likes

Plenty of subleases for the kids going to spring abroad.

1 Like

Yay!! Which music emphasis?

congrats!!! That’s great news!!!

1 Like

Wait, did anyone get an email stating that their portal has a status update? Or did you just check on your portal w/o an email?

1 Like

I thought it better to remove the post

2 Likes