UT Austin Class of 2027 Official Thread

From what I’ve read, housing goes by when you pay the $50 deposit. You get the contract after you commit to the school, but the date you fill out the contract doesn’t matter as long as you commit by May 1 and fill out housing contract by ~5/15. Hopefully this is correct as we are still undecided as well but did pay the $50 in October.

3 Likes

This is what I’ve heard too.

Anyone know about the Jefferson’s scholars program? Just received email invite to apply. Not sure if it’s worth going through another application process.

1 Like

Ok. This is helpful and gives me a little hope. I paid my deposit on November 5. My parents want me to commit somewhere by April 1.

I got the same email.

It seemed to just be more course load and classes but I’d like to hear from someone who knew better.

1 Like

I emailed housing and this is the same response I received, that it goes by the date you paid the $50 deposit and initial housing application, not the date the contract is signed.

1 Like

My son also got the email. Hopefully someone here can chime in about it.

You are correct. I read the UT Austin Housing web site and it explains things clearly. To sum it up It says “As long as your housing application date is within that date range, we will have a contract for you after you make your decision. Room selection is not affected by the date you complete your housing contract.”

2 Likes

Son got this too. You only have to write a paragraph, and it is not due until April 5th.

1 Like

seems like a lot of us or our kids got that invite to the Jefferson Scholars, but nobody seems to have a firm grasp on what it is or if it’s worth it. the application isn’t too tough, just a paragraph. it does seem like the program is a fair amount of work but not if you enjoy reading that old political and philosophical stuff.

It’s a Great Books program. Sounds wonderful for those into that, though not everyone would be.

I got into CSB!

5 Likes

Hi,

Is anyone attending the “Texas CSB and Texas ECB Welcome Breakfast” and “Discover Canfield Business Honors Program” events on March 25th?

1 Like

I will be there!

1 Like

i just got an email for a turing scholars interview. what should i expect to be asked about, and has anyone else been interviewed?

when are the financial aid notifications announced?

3 Likes

No idea. Still waiting on that and honors decision.

1 Like

Has anybody submitted an appeal (change of major) and gotten an update from UT?

1 Like

I’ve heard they aren’t looking at them until 3/15 but would love to hear when someone hears!

1 Like

just got mine!