UT Austin Class of 2027 Official Thread

My son got notice of acceptance into his major yesterday. (He’s in state, auto admit.)

8 Likes

What’s the major?

Geological Sciences

4 Likes

do you mind sharing his stats? gpa, sat, ec’s, etc. thanks.

Sure! UW GPA 3.9, rank top 2%, SAT 1400, IB diploma program, main ECs: band, head drum major; Scouts, Eagle rank

10 Likes

Impressive!!

Congrats to your Eagle Scout for landing his dream major destination at the Forty Acres!

1 Like

@milledeb and @Class23 Thank you, he’s excited! :smile:

1 Like

Congratulations!!! Do you mind sharing when he applied?

2 Likes

Are people who applied earlier like August or September getting their major decisions right now? What other majors have released decisions?

He submitted the Apply Texas app on 10/12, and his HS transcript was received on 10/14.

My 2 cents is the top 12 with a 1550, depending on the size of the school. My non top 6% got into McCombs with a score slightly above 1550. The size of the high school can make a difference too.

I don’t think they are unless they are auto-admits, but I could be wrong.

Anyone familiar with medical laboratory science?My son is not auto admit. With SAT 1410 ,GPA unweight 3.8 and only rank top 19% in a competitive 6A high school. How slim is the chance to get in? By the way, he applied for summer term.

Depends on your essays and your course strength.

3 Likes

Any word on first wave of priority app decisions? (Non Auto)

1 Like

Every year, a few in first two weeks of December, majority in third and fourth week of January, last weekend of January usually CAP.

4 Likes

is it usually just randomly throughout the week or on a specific day of the week?

There has got to be a better way. Did anyone hear from Texas last week? I’ve heard of one auto admit that received their major on Wednesday (COLA) but that’s it.

3 Likes

Admission office releases some every day. Majority in January.

7 Likes