UT Austin Class of 2027 Official Thread

I got into my major on the 16th; I’m auto admit for CNS.

1 Like

If you don’t mind me asking what major in CNS did you get into? When did you submit your application?

I got in for bio. Submitted my app 10/24, though they didn’t get my SAT till the 31st.

1 Like

Has anyone heard back from Canfield about interviews yet? Or any McCombs admissions at all??

Not heard of any McCombs / Canfield admits/interviews till now. Know of another auto-admit (bio).

2 Likes

Anyone know how competitive the school of human ecology is at UT?

1 Like

When do early (priority) applicants (OOS) get a decision?

Competitive, about 420-450 Freshmen. The largest are Public Health and Nutritional Science. Some majors sizes are very small so can be quite competitive.

3 Likes

Between now and end of January. UT is public school so they have budget limit how many they can hire in admission office. All excellent students can expect acceptance up til the end of January. The very end of January traditionally are CAP for Texas residents.

4 Likes

Does anyone know how many students get accepted to the Human Ecology Honors, in particular (HANS)?

For those familiar with the UT process (this is our first time going through), roughly what % of OOS students would hear during the month of December? If applying to CBHP, would an applicant expect to hear about an interview before the end of the year? My son’s app was sent in early Oct so we’re patiently waiting on results and trying to figure out the odds of hearing anything before the new year.

OOS can hear from November through February.
CBH interview can span from November through January.
UT is not first come first serve, so just need to wait patiently. Many top students get news in January and it doesn’t mean they are not as good as those getting news before winter break. Good Luck!

10 Likes

Any admissions results?

Nothing, continue to wait patiently

My OOS daughter heard in early December a couple of years ago, but she was in the minority. Most heard later in January from what I recall. She got lucky. Perhaps it could depend on the department as well.

1 Like

What major did she apply to?

Oops!! Forgot that part. I believe she put Elementary Educarion as he first choice.

Education….^

1 Like

Oh wait… oops… sorry… I am on two threads here. My UT Austin daughter was admitted as a Psychology major.

3 Likes

Any auto-admits get their major decisions yet?

1 Like