UT Austin Class of 2027 Official Thread

My daughter heard from Cockrell middle of November and got mechanical. She is auto admit and got her application in August.

4 Likes

i am in state but not an auto because i don’t have a ranking

I went to another high school out of state before my senior year and then transferred here for my senior year so my new school can’t rank me yet. I’m also applying for CS so how much do u guys think this will hurt my chances??

2 Likes

Congratulations! Did she apply this year?

1 Like

Not exactly sure. But I think it will just be an update on MyStatus and you just need to keep a lookout for it. Last year a wave of decisions came out on Dec 15 and the year before that the wave in December came out on the 10th. So the December wave might come out in the next few days. There is a blog online where the dates from previous years are posted.

2 Likes

Yes. She found out this November
We are in state.

1 Like

great article thank you for posting it

@Zella7 won’t you still be considered OOS for application, since you haven’t established Texas residency yet?

im in state because we purchased property here and it’ll be one year of residency before the academic year starts

3 Likes

A few years ago our son found out his major (mechanical engineering) mid-December. He was not top 10%. The year before our daughter (who was auto-admit) found out her major (engineering) in February. It really is all over the place.

Oh ok. Did you receive an email that your major decision was posted or was it only on MyStatus?

i think the email usually comes a few hours after its posted on mystatus

2 Likes

She got an email saying the status had changed. And a couple of days later she got a packet in the mail.
Good luck!!:four_leaf_clover:

Did anybody get accepted this past week?

1 Like

Doesn’t appear any decisions were released last week. Hoping this week!

2 Likes

in state only? or are we expecting some OOS decisions?

3 Likes

I’m focused on in-state for my DD, but I believe I saw some folks post about OOS decisions from prior years released in Dec.

Last year a batch of decisions both in state and OOS were released around December 15th.

2 Likes

will UT send a notif by email if we do by chance get a decision

1 Like

Is UT releasing decisions based on schools or majors because some people who got their decisions in Nov seem to have gotten from COLA CNS and Cockrell? Has McCombs or CS/Data Science released anything?

5 Likes