UT Austin Class of 2027 Official Thread

Sounds strange… I thought all admissions were out. What does the portal say?

In state DS capped (McCombs). 1st Qtr. (17%), 1480/3.8 UW; 10APs, National Recognition, strong EC’s, essay, etc. We knew it was a “Reach”
Many bright students and wonderful parents here. Learned so much and appreciate your guidance. Thank you! Congrats and good luck to all!
TAMU (Mays) here we come! Whoop! :+1:

5 Likes

Very cool! He is Brazilian and is interested in business/food sustainability involving Latin America. And you? Where are you interning and what are you thinking careerwise?

2 Likes

That’s great. Congrats. I thought maybe he got accepted to Nutritional Sciences like my daughter since you mentioned Food Network. Trying to find out if any other nutrition acceptances on this thread. Wow, how cool on being a contestant on the show!!

3 Likes

There has been no change in status(+ auto admit message).

For CNS honors does the student need to accept admission first to improve chance at honors? In state auto admit top 1.4% of class.
Accepted to CNS, waiting for honors decision.
Thanks

1 Like

My OOS got into Education yesterday.

3 Likes

He loves to cook but says he is retired now from FN haha. Congratulations to your daughter! He is worried that UT will not allow him to learn across majors like some of the private schools, like taking business classes, food sustainability and Latin American studies. Do you have any insight?

3 Likes

My D got accepted to her top 2 choices Baylor and UT and that is one of the questions she has as well. We are going to sit down this weekend and really compare both universities to see what is the best fit for her. Best of luck to your son.

1 Like

I am majoring in chemistry and interested in the UT pharmacy school post graduation. I’d like to eventually be a pharmacist in Central America. I am interning at a secondary school in Managua teaching science. I will graduate from high school in May but I finished my AS in December so I am qualified to teach.

4 Likes

First when CAP opens at 6pm in one specific date in Feb, one will need to be able to hit the UTSA/UTA option. Trust me, thousands will be hitting so CAP is not a given. This is the part I hate to break to many that even CAP has to fight for registration.

Once in a CAP contract, the options of changing major is very limited to almost none. It will be either make it and transfer to a designated major, or continue in CAP system school and graduate there.

I haven’t seen anyone else mention PACE here, where y’all at lol!

My son has been exchanging emails with the PACE coordinator today. There will be a Zoom information session on Feb 8th for prospective PACE students. Feb 17th, 7:00 pm is when My Status opens up to formally accept PACE and sign the contract.

She also confirmed that both Econ and Government are included in the guaranteed majors for COLA.

That’s awesome! I’ve had friends with kids in PACE and in CAP. PACE seemed like a chill experience. CAP seemed like the Hunger Games. :face_with_spiral_eyes:

1 Like

I know right?! The more I’m learning about it, the better it’s sounding!

1 Like

Is it possible as an in-state auto-admit to be put on CAP?

My D and her friend are both still waiting to hear, as well. Both in-state.

1 Like

@2023collegeapplicant No. If an auto-admit student doesn’t get 1st or 2nd choice major, they will be offered Liberal Arts Undeclared.

Glad my D is not alone! I think some more admissions should come tonight or tomorrow.
Hoping for the best!

Daughter got admitted to Deans Scholar program today. Got admitted to Neuroscience Major earlier

1 Like

Nope - not alone at all. Still waiting as well.

2 Likes