UT Austin Class of 2027 Official Thread

Congratulations. Stats please?

My D status changed today - “Additional review…”. Any updates to your status?

rank Top 1%, 17 APs, GPA 98+/100 unweighted, 1560SAT, Varsity Captain, State ranked athletes, Student Council VP, Morgan Stanley JumpStart Scholars in Finance, Wharton LBW,

4 Likes

Regarding Housing Application Process:

FAQs

Application

How does the process work?

Step 1:
Complete your University of Texas at Austin admission application. Once completed, you are eligible to start your housing applica­tion, which opens on Aug. 1. You do not have to be admitted to the university to apply for housing.

Step 2:
Submit your housing application, which will secure you on our waiting list. The sooner you apply for housing, the higher you will be on our waiting list, which betters your chances of getting a contract. There is a $50 non-refundable application fee. Your housing fee is waived if your admission application fee was waived.

Step 3:
Accept admission to the university. Accept your admission by the May 1 deadline and pay your enrollment deposit. Then you’ll be eligible to receive a housing contract.

Step 4:
Receive your housing contract offer. Contracts are emailed on the 1st and 15th of the month, starting March 1. Check for this email regularly, and once received, please note the contract offer expiration date listed in the email. A $300 advance payment must be submitted prior to signing your contract. If your admission application fee was waived, your housing advance payment is deferred. If you are younger than 18, you will need a guarantor who is 18 or older to sign your housing contract.

Missed the deadline to sign your contract? Our housing reservations team can help. Call 512-471-3136 or email our housing team.

Step 5:
Explore your hall and room choices. You can register for a residence hall tour through Admissions. For virtual tours, see our individual residence hall location pages.

Step 6:
Complete your preferences in the housing portal. Select your preferences for buildings, bathrooms and roommates. Use our Roommate Profile Tool to search and pair with a roommate.

Step 7:
Apply for a Living Learning Community (LLC), which houses you with others who share your interests, lifestyle or commitment to a major.

Step 8:
Receive your room selection time. You will receive an email by June 1 with your time slot to choose your room. If you are paired with a roommate, the roommate with the earliest time slot can assign both of you to a room based on available space.

Step 9:
Explore available options and choose your room. General room selection begins June 8. The room assignment process for LLCs begins June 1.

Step 10:
After the room selection process concludes, any student with a room assignment has the option to swap rooms through the room swap page. You can search available rooms and switch through July 31.

Step 11:
Prepare to move to the Forty Acres.

4 Likes

Does the student get a call when they get into honors

We did not get a call or an email. The Honors tab on the application portal changed without notification.

Just got accepted into ECB Honors!

1 Like

Thanks

Do you think all honors decisions are out?

Capped from Public Health, in-state, top 16%

3.975 UW/5.535 W (10 APs)
1500 SAT, NMSF

ECs: HOSA State qualifier, DECA state finalist, VASE state qualifier, National art competition winner, camp counselor, own art teaching business, 200+ service hours, plenty of leadership positions.

I would get a full-ride scholarship and honors program at UTD, so I will most likely go there.

6 Likes

Any status updates for your D and her friend?

Just got accepted into BHP!!! But deferred/additional review for CSB

2 Likes

Congrats!! Did the status just change? Are you also in forty acres schoarship process?

My status just updated. I got something from 40 acres saying I was top 1500 but not a semi finalist or something like that

Deleted

For those who were admitted to McCombs (congratulations BTW!), did you take Calculus? My kids are in IB program taking IB math sequence…so have to double-up in math to be able to take a stand-alone Calc class.

Turing scholars is out.

2 Likes

Hi… can you please share your stats?

1 Like

My daugher accepted to Plan II yesterday! Liberal Arts Honors says “under review.” But I assume if you got Plan II, you don’t also get LAH?

2 Likes

My D took BC last year. She is not in IB

2 Likes