UT Dallas Class of 2026 - Admission Discussion

@FriscoDad , hi, do you know how long can we wait to accept the offer? My son is waiting to hear from TAMU before he decides but we don’t want to miss out on the dorm availability etc.

UT Dallas have plenty of dorms for freshmen, priority deadline for housing application is 4/15/2022. UTD’s dorms are a lot newer than other universities.

You can wait to accept offer as late as July but normally people accept/decline admission before the housing priority deadline above.

3 Likes

I just looked in the portal; it says in the to do list: "SAT/ACT Score or Applying Without Test Score [Requirement Completed] "- Also when that button for CV was there a couple of weeks ago; when we clicked on it, we could see his ACT scores on the entry page into the app; so I’m pretty sure they were received. Now the CV app looks different so it doesn’t have that page showing his scores. I can have my son ask to be sure but gosh, if it’s that ambiguous they really need to improve their system!

2 Likes

We toured the dorms. They are new, nice, and all the same. There is no rush.

3 Likes

Well said, FriscoDad ! university cannot sustain good students by buying the national scholars.

What does this mean? I know they have a NMF package but why aren’t the students staying?

Thanks for the reply. I understand the housing priority is not due until April 15. We could not log in to the housing application though. School said student needs to accept the admissions offer and wait for 2 days for the system to update in order to apply to Housing. Has any other admitted student experienced this?

With priority application deadline being today, the next hot topic of discussion will be AES awards in just 2 weeks. hope the awards are not as messy as last year!

2 Likes

My son was admitted a few weeks ago. I was able to register him for housing without accepting admission. I couldn’t go through the usual route. I did a bit of googling and was able to do it but I’m that kind of mom lol. I posted this a few weeks back.

1 Like

2 months now son still waiting. strange

1 Like

Same for my son. I didn’t know his exact application date only know my credit card charged on Oct 1st. So now is just over two months.
I think some review and auto admit in the thread above also take two months without any reason. I think UTD with application deadline so late like May 1st it still cannot shake its image as a backup school. Although I am sure its Accounting, Finance, CS and pre-med are very solid. I think their top management just didn’t realize their admission office ruining their image though. You can’t compare OU and Texas Tech their admission operations are top notch!

3 Likes

Are SAT scores required for AES? My daughter did have hers sent but I didn’t know if they were actually required or not to be considered for AES.

1 Like

May deadline for Applications prove beyond doubt this is a backup school and not priority school unless AES is awarded. UTD can only buy bright students to a certain extent and not for too long

1 Like

I have to agree. The application portal is blank, shows nothing. Same as the student “UTD portal”. My kid’s high school portal has more stuff in it.

I think with many colleges back to in-person classes, UTD may not have enough applicants.

1 Like

Yes, SAT/ACT scores preferred. And most get high awards have submitted their high scores.

2 Likes

Sorry to hear that, my son took over two months (ten weeks), and he is auto. It appears their admission process is manual and likely they have labor shortage.

Being in HR and admin field, I can tell UTD portal appears to be lack of security. They should not mention they are using Oracle and should only show last four digit of student social security number (or not even show it).

SAT scores is shown in Terry scholarship or Collegium V honor application.

2 Likes

I would think the problem is the exact opposite. They may have way too many applicants and that’s why it takes so long.

They should simply switch to EA.

1 Like

But UTD doesn’t even require essay in ApplyTexas, son submitted the essay but ApplyTexas did send to UTD. Without essay it will be just SAT and GPA which a simple computer program can automatically process.

1 Like

Son finally got in with some surprising scholarship! Took over two months.

2 Likes

where do they show the scholarship info?