UT Dallas Class of 2027 - Admission Discussion

They gave presidential scholarship of 15000

ASU gave scholarship, UTD is OOS but planning to shift to Texas so that only first year it is OOS then becomes in state. Secondly I guess Dallas has more companies local so getting internships and campus jobs would be easier than ASU. Also heard that UTD is gaining popularity after UTA as UTA is becoming more difficult to get into.

1 Like

Why do you say so ?

When you say UTA do you mean UT-Arlington or UT-Austin? UT-Arlington is known as UTA, but it isn’t more difficult than UTD to gain admission.

UT Austin

My son got the admit today for CS @ UTD. OOS. He applied on Nov 1st. Very long wait
 But, haven’t heard about any scholarship though. probably may take time? Any idea?

So far, he has admits from UC Boulder, TAMU, ASU too and all have provided decent scholarships.

2 Likes

Congratulations. Which state are you from? I am still waiting, applied on December 8th.

WA. I dropped a note admissions regarding admission delay. Got the admit reply in 2 days

I am from Washington too. I wrote an email to them and recently called them too. But they replied that they have received huge amount of applications this year and thus causing delay. I haven’t heard on the decision yet. What other schools your son applied to ? Did he apply to UW Bothell and OSU ? Are you thinking to consider UTD over in state schools ?

He din’t apply for OSU and UW bothell. Waiting for decision from other schools incl UCs and Ivys before taking a decision.

2 Likes

What all UCs he did apply? Sent you a DM.

Got my acceptance for Data Science today. Applied last week Nov. NMSF

2 Likes

My Son’s got acceptance for Computer Science today. Applied Last week of Nov. NMF, OOS

Congratulations !! I am still waiting. Which State are you from ? Do you plan to consider UTD for CS from out of state ?

Accepted to CS UTD on 2/16/23. Applied OOS on 11/13/22. NMF. No financial package yet.

2 Likes

Thank you! We are from CA. Depends on what happens with UC’s and Financial Package from UTD. Good Luck to you!

1 Like

Anyone who got admitted in December and got financial aid?

1 Like

DS got Academic Excellence scholarship of $3K per semester, its not at the level of what we saw for the older DS19 we understand that UTD AES has come down over the last several years.

Was your DS admitted before DEC-15?

1 Like

My son got the same AES award last week. I didn’t even know it until we got the snail mail.