UT gave me a better grant than TAMU?

<p>Doesn't make sense to me. UT gave me almost $8500 in grants for both spring and fall. Tamu only gave me $2500? Is there anyway I can request more? TAMU is a better fit for me based on my personality but it shouldn't cost more than UT.</p>

<p>Forget personality - go to the cheapest school! :slight_smile:
By the way (if you qualify), you COULD get the Regents’ Scholarship.
You won’t receive your total amount until your New Student Conference I believe.</p>

<p>Remember there are people who would LOVE to be in your position (I personally am more interested in Austin and “weird” people).</p>

<p>A&M basically gave me a full ride while UT expects me to take out $20,000 in loans each year.</p>

<p>Go figure.</p>

<p>Same here. UTA gave me pretty much a full ride ($820 for all 4 years), but A&M wants $20k (for all 4 years.)</p>

<p>Is there anything I can do make TAMU maybe match UTs offer?</p>

<p>How is $820 for all 4 years a full ride?</p>

<p>He/She said “pretty much” a full ride. And $820 over 4 years is $205 per year. That to me is “pretty much a full ride” to get a bachelor’s degree.</p>

<p>FullMeTalx, have you talked to your TAMU admissions rep or the TAMU scholarships and financial aid office yet? That is ALWAYS worth a try. Just be polite, and don’t think of it as “making” them do anything. They always have the last say and GET TO say who gets how much money. I guess I would start with your admissions rep. Tell him or her about your situation, that A&M is your first choice school, that UT Austin has offered your $8500 to their $2500, and that you hope there’s something that can be done to make A&M more affordable for you. You will likely end up working through the Financial Aid and Scholarship office – sending them copies of your Austin offers, etc. But I think it’d be easier to start with your admissions rep and let him or her point you in the right direction to get your desires addressed.</p>

<p>Good luck to you! :)</p>

<p>I contacted a admissions adviser and she wants me to email the shopping sheets I received from other colleges. She also mentioned I had to mail in a counter offer cover sheet. Do any of you know which one she is referring to?</p>

<p>Sorry, I’m not sure what she’s talking about. Why not pick up the phone one more time and ask her for clarification on exactly what she needs. Time is a wastin’ as the national deadline approaches. Good luck to you! :)</p>

<p>Good News! I contacted the financial aid department like Simple Life suggested last week and now there appears to be another scholarship added in my portal- Aggie Bound Scholarship. This scholarship basically made TAMU $1000 cheaper than UT. Looks like ill be an Aggie this fall!</p>

<p>^Fantastic, FullMetalx! I’m so glad to hear it! Each year, these things do happen. I’m so glad you get to attend the school that fits you best! :)</p>