UVA Fall 2021 Transfer Thread

Are yours still showing up or did they disappear?

yea theyre still there

When did you submit your application if you don’t mind me asking? Do they look at applications in order received or…?

I submitted mine like the saturday before it was due. Im p sure they dont do it on a rolling approach but they wait to read them all at once

Not them but I think they may look at VA offers first then OOS since they have to let more VA in. But it could be order however they’re need blind so financial aid won’t make a difference in when they review their application.

mine rolled over from the spring but my spring rejection letter said they’re taking 500 or something approx but idk if they’re doing tht anymore

Is this true? I quite literally haven’t seen that anywhere.

I called them asking that and they said theyre expecting the same strength for the fall pool as previous years and that theyre not expecting a huge change like that in spots available. Especially considering they average around 1200 offers a year

So it was sent in the spring admissions rejection letter however I like them I believe miss read it as 500 offers of admission total, however now I believe it then projecting 500 people will end up transferring which is separate from how many offers of admission will be extended. Last year they offered admission to about 1086 students however I don’t believe 1086 ended up transferring.

For the mid-term grade, would they accept a screenshot of the blackboard grades page?

Yeah, I think they accept a screenshot of grades. I would screenshot your Canvas or anywhere else where the grades are all kinda posted (idk if your school has its own database or SIS type thing).

But to answer, a screenshot is good enough from what I’ve been told

can you by any chance copy and paste what the email said? im curious lol

ur right! here you go: “Though admission is still competitive, we are projecting an enrollment of approximately 500 transfer students this fall.” so it’s not that they are only taking in 500 students, it’s what they are expecting.

1 Like

is that just for arts and sciences or the school as a whole? cuz looking at their data it says 499 enrolled for arts and sciences for fall 2020

I have no idea sorry :confused:

1 Like

Applying for Junior Econ
Out-of-State
Top 45 Liberal Arts College, Prep HS in East Coast
Postgrad plan: Investment Banking
GPA:3.6 Second and Third Semester GPA with 3.9+
SAT Waived
Also applying for:
Notre Dame Econ
Boston College Econ
Cornell ILR
Emory Econ

Super late to all of this, and stupid question, but when do decisions come out for UVA fall transfers?

They say may 1st, but may 1st is a saturday this year so prob the 30th

2 Likes

dang that’s in one month. Is anyone else applying to McIntire?

Does anyone know if they check applications in order they were submitted? Because I can still see my SAT scores. I do see academic level unknown if that means anything.