UVA Nursing BSN Admissions

Anyone accepted to UVA BSN program please share stats?

The program is extremely competitive, particularly for out of state students. It is fine for everyone to have a couple reach schools, as long as you also apply to plenty of matches and safeties.

My d was accepted early decision to uva nursing for fall of 2015 but unfortunately was unable to accept the offer due to cost. D was #9/ 550+ students when she applied ( she actually went up in rank afterwards) had a 4.0 unweighted and a 5.8 weighted gpa . She took mostly all honors and AP courses and did well on her SATs and ACT . She had tons of EC s and also experience in a hospital . She also submitted an artistic portfolio (for dance ) as well . D fell in love with Uva and was really impressed with the nursing dept on the accepted student day . We had hoped for some better financial aid but unfortunately it didn’t work out. I would definitely recommend applying if you have strong stats . Just have a lot of backups too. D applied to 12 schools so she had a lot to choose from . All of the students we met at accepted student day appeared to have very high stats and lots of EC s / leadership etc.

Congratulations to your daughter! Did she apply as out of state or in state?

^ out of state…at the accepted student day , the nursing dept had the students introduce themselves and state where they were from… Most were instate .

Would you mind sharing test score?

On the top colleges/UVa part of this website, many UVa applicants post their info during early action and regular admission cycles, and state whether they were admitted or not. I’d do a search for nursing amongst that info.