UW COLLEGES

<p>WHich of the 13 UW colleges has the highest rate of students transferring to UW madison?</p>

<p>The former MATC (now Madison College) actually sends by far the most.</p>

<p>Location means a lot. Madison area students wishing to save college costs may choose to start there and then continue close to home. Also- second largest city in the state. And MATC- the Madison version has changed to be more of a junior college than tech focus it seems.</p>

<p>but which of the 13 campuses is the best? I have heard good things about baraboo and richland.</p>

<p>It would be very hard to separate the influence of location from other indicators. Kids going to a UW-2 yr campus up north might tent to transfer to a 4 yr campus closer to home for example. But see Page 11 of report for numbers by campus from and to.</p>

<p><a href=“University of Wisconsin System”>University of Wisconsin System;

<p>Why bother with these campuses?</p>

<p>It does save lots of money–low tuition and small classes. Can live at home too. Those are good reasons–not my cup of tea but only way for some to get that degree.</p>

<p>I know kids who could have got into Madison who went to Plattevlle instead to play soccer. People claim their engineering is pretty good.</p>

<p>Osh Kosh has full ride for in-state NMF, though hardly anyone takes it. </p>

<p>A lot of kids can’t get in to UW-Madison straight out of HS, but hope to do well at another campus and then transfer. Many of them end up liking their campus so much that they stay there the 4 years (if it’s a 4-year campus.) </p>

<p>Madison is only accepting about half their applicants these days and it’s somewhat self-selected. A lot of kids who are sure they can’t get in don’t even apply.</p>

<p>A friend taught for a few years at UW-Oshkosh. She certainly would not recommend that campus for NMFs. Different campuses have different intellectual levels- Madison is far above the others.</p>

<p>In Wisconsin, UW-Oshkosh is known as “Sloshkosh” because of the drinking there (I think it’s about the same as Madison’s drinking level but they get a worse reputation because of the academic level).</p>

<p>Friend called it UW-zero for its rigor.</p>

<p>Just go to Whitewater where you can be assured of having a National Championship team…or 3 of them this year!</p>

<p>Just go to Whitewater where you can be assured of having a National Championship team…or 3 of them this year!</p>

<p>Pick your school for its quality and having the courses and atmosphere you desire. UW-Madison is the flagship, in a class of its own. After that consider the peer group, ie the stats of the people you will be going to school with- being in discussion groups with. Many students choose based on geography- close to home (or as far as they can be). How many students transfer to UW-Madison isn’t as useful. Predicting your chances of transferring based on those stats is not the way to choose a school. Some of the schools don’t transfer many students because the students who didn’t get into the flagship and therefore go to the school find they can get the education they want at that school. Eau Claire and LaCrosse come to mind.</p>