UW football coach leaves for....

<p>Arkansas?? OK. Good luck with that BB.</p>

<p>Pretty disappointed in his decision… He has done well for the Badgers over the last few years, but hopefully Alvarez can find a suitable replacement. People say Bret couldn’t win the big game, but I would point to the last couple conference championships and Ohio State 2010 as otherwise. </p>

<p>Still a dick move to leave right before the Rose Bowl out of nowhere. He better be making 5 mil+</p>

<p>I think he feels he has a better chance to win a national championship in a league mainly populated by second-string academic institutions like Arkansas. Too many compliance issues at an institution like UW. While it led to on-field success, I never liked the smell of his “rent an ACC quarterback” gameplan either and, sadly, would not be surprised if we find out there were recruiting issues associated with those moves. In that light, it raises the question of whether this is a Calipari-style “jump around”. On the field, he was an inferior game day coach - the Badgers were often predictable (especially this year, but also in the past) and rarely showed the kind of adjustments on game day or the kind of clock management that is emblematic of a top coach. For the record, Barry was no genius at this either.
This is an opportunity to bring in a fresh face and some enthusiasm. Barry will take his time and hire the right guy. He has been a very good AD. Frankly, it might not be a bad idea for him to step in as interim for the Rose Bowl either. As for Bielema, he may get the money, but he has forever cast himself as a money-grabber and that will come back to haunt him the first time Arkansas fails on the field, in the duration of his stay there and in his next hire, wherever that may be. Stepping out of Barry’s shadow is one thing, going baldly for the money like this is quite another. Seriously, Arkansas? Sooie!</p>

<p>Well, Barrons, here you have it: [Barry</a> Alvarez to coach Wisconsin Badgers in Rose Bowl, Bret Bielema says - ESPN](<a href=“http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8718209/barry-alvarez-coach-wisconsin-badgers-rose-bowl-bret-bielema-says]Barry”>Barry Alvarez to coach Wisconsin Badgers in Rose Bowl, Bret Bielema says - ESPN)</p>

<p>Barry will get us a great new head coach and my prediction is that we will get a fresh face, not some overpaid retread.</p>

<p>I agree. Al Golden high on list as well as ND defense coach.</p>