UW housing surprised me!!

<p>Well, In march i submitted the housing contract like the rest of the folks with 50$ deposit and waited. But hey i just got a letter yesterday (ie. 29th March) that they had sent me a mail on April 9th informing me that i had to pay a 250$ advance deposit. But i never had recieved any such mail, i was also told that if the 250$ deposit was not postmarked by May 1st, my assignment priority goes to hell!. How do they expect me to send 250$ in 2 days from asia to U.S.A.? Adding to the fury i dont even have the form which you have to send with the money?</p>

<p>Someone please tell me what can i do now? Can i send the deposit without the form? Is it acceptable?</p>

<p>Well i am sending the draft tomorrow to the housing department and calling them on monday. I guess thats all i can do for now.!</p>

<p>the same thing happened to me i called them and she said just put the 250 bucks in the envelope they gave you and it needs to be postmarked by may 1st, not actually AT the university.</p>

<p>She's right. Same thing happened to me. And it says postmarked anyway.</p>

<p>Ok, I have sent it today so it should be considered as i sent it before 1st May.</p>