UW Madison Class of 2027 Official Thread

Does the school release RD results on one way or they release them over a period of time case by case?

Yes - it sure seems that way. We have a family friend who received direct admit to Kelley School of Business at IU, but deferred at UW (OOS - California).

any update on when RD results are expected? All on one day?

We are so confused. D applied to and auditioned to a “Direct Admit” program in Dance. She was accepted to the Dance program. Please someone tell me why the U. emailed to say that she was not admitted? Has been dancing pre-professionally since around age 7 and only has plans to keep dancing

Have you tried emailing the dance department to confirm? Did you get a portal update?

My kid auditioned for music. The undergrad music admissions person said that academic admissions were completely seperate from music and they had no pull in the admissions office. So it was my understanding these are 2 completely seperate admission you have to go through to get into these direct admit programs. I don’t know anything specifically about the dance program though.

This is really a heartbreaking way to do this process though! So I’m sorry this may not be great news for her, I hope she has some other good options.

Thank you for this. It stinks because of the premise of “Direct Admission”, however, we’ll work it out and she will be happy where she lands. Too bad though because UW Madison was a top choice and she just really wants to dance.

Sorry if this has been asked, couldn’t find it, but does anyone know when RD decisions will come out? Thanks.

No one knows, I think.

1 Like

March 31st

It’s “On or before March 31” (Deadlines and Decisions – Office of Admissions and Recruitment – UW–Madison). What people want to know, I believe, is if UW-Madison has released any specific date, which to my knowledge, they haven’t.

1 Like

Agreed - asked on a virtual look the other day as well and its always by the end of March
 the waiting is tough

3 Likes

Does anyone know when UW traditionally releases admissions decisions–Fridays? 5 p.m.?

I believe 7pm CT 8pm ET

2 Likes

Typically on a Friday evening

1 Like

RD were released on 3/25 last year, so if they keep with that timing it should be this Friday 3/24.

2 Likes

Finally kid give me access to uw portal. So i was just searching around. There is a WISH scholarship tab so I clicked it and it opened application for scholarships. Is that scholarship available to Wisconsin residents only? I didn’t fill in anything. I am a little attempted to fill it out and see if I can submit it as a test since we don’t know the results yet

1 Like

A few days ago my SOAR changed in that it referred to me as admitted, and said I would be able to register at a future date. Now today it went back saying I dont have access one reason being that I’m not admitted as of yet, which is true because I am deferred:( I was so excited that it switched referring to me as more of an admitted type of student and now it’s switched back:(

Where is this Soar tab? I didn’t see it in our account

Go to Advising Resources
 scroll down to SOAR

2 Likes

Thanks!! I can’t register either. maybe they are just getting ready for the decision day

1 Like