UW Madison Class of 2027 Official Thread

This is their target class, but they will accept more than this! They may try to anticipate a 25-30 percent yield.

That said, they do have some sort of minimum number for instate residents and they are seeing tons of OOS apps.

Good luck future badgers!

6 Likes

8,100 is their goal number to enroll meaning they accept far more than that.

1 Like

Hang in there! Iā€™ve been amazed at the reach schools DD has gotten into and the target schools that she has been waitlisted at. Such a crap shoot this year.

3 Likes

Hi! Do you mean a minimum in state number that they admit?

1 Like

will decision released today?

Is there any information on the number of applicants who received acceptances in the first round that went out at the end January?

I think they shoot for a certain percentage like around 50%?

1 Like

Iā€™m getting sucked in to the ā€œany change to the portal means somethingā€ thought process. UGH. So hereā€™s one I just noticed: Clicking on My UW Housing used to go to an error page. Today it goes to an actual web page titled University Housing and says: ā€œHi, <applicantā€™s name>!ā€ Anyone else??

1 Like

Where do I look to see the ā€œHi, <Applicantā€™s Name>ā€ message? Do you have to login?

1 Like

My daughter was admitted ea and that was an acceptance indicator. :heart:

2 Likes

Yes itā€™s in your MyUW portal. Click on My UW Housing. If you donā€™t have that option, click on the plus sign (ā€œAdd to Homeā€), search for it, then add it.

I can see the general University Housing page but not a ā€œHi <applicantā€™s name>ā€. Most of the buttons lead to an error

My daughter was also accepted EA and there were hints in her portal too immediately before decision, I believe. I think she could see the SOAR page in her user with a ā€œwelcomeā€ message vs. an error message? No guarentees they havenā€™t closed this up for RD round of course. And there may have been a period of time prior where stuff was just broken for everyone.

https://reservations.soar.wisc.edu/

Crossing fingers for RD badgers!

1 Like

I saw prospective university apartment residents, clicked on it, registered, and then saw Hi xxx. I am not sure this means much, since In the registration, I stated name. So it could be just using the information in the registration.

By registration do you mean the university housing registration?

1 Like

Yeah. I truly donā€™t think it meant anything at least what I got. Click on other buttons leads to error. I feel in the other post, he meant that when he clicked on uw housing, it actually directly had hi xxx there

1 Like

I was trying to include a screen shot of the screen I get with the ā€œHiā€, but it wonā€™t let meā€¦??? Still, my SOAR page still says: " You are not yet eligible to make a SOAR reservation. The most common reasons include:

• You have not yet been admitted into UW-Madison" etc etc.
1 Like

Thank you!! No worries!! It help me to relieve a bit anxiety posting here talking to you guys!

2 Likes

This is what ours says when we try to get into SOAR

1 Like

which school was his top choice?

1 Like