UW-Madison Fall 2016 Decisions

@ellieb6 … It is not that cut and dry Ellie. Based on history, the answer is a clear maybe :slight_smile: So do not freak out if you got your materials in early and do not here on the 1st round. Means nothing.

Again the first wave is likely today or next Friday. 2nd wave right before Xmas. 3rd Wave in mid to late January.

I don’t even think the answer is “maybe”. I think the answer is no, that’s not what colleges mean by “rolling admission”. I believe what they are saying when they say rolling admission is that they don’t have specific dates that they release decisions or they don’t release them all at once. They release them gradually over time as they go through the complicated admission process and take in to account things like determining how many accepted students will actually attend, admission quota factors, applicant’s criteria, etc. The timing of when you get a decision probably relies more on your stats and what school you are applying to (Business, Engineering, etc) than it does anything else, including when you completed your application.

The first wave of decisions should be out pretty soon guys!

What time do we think they will be released?

just got accepted!!! so happy right now

Are you in state or out of state? @OMGDEVICE

Nothing for my D yet. OSS applied Nov 1. Waiting for round 2…

When did you apply?

Do they notify at the very same time? Or over a few hours?

Hi guys, sorry for not responding. I am OOS, NY. I applied a couple of weeks before Nov. 2. Probably around 2 I don’t remember exactly.

What were your credentials?

Did they send you an email

@OMGDEVICE congratulations! Did you receive an email to let you know the decision was on the portal or did you just check?

where would it say if you got in??

got an email to check the portal and i logged on and clicked on a link that redirected me to accepted

I’m really depressed, I got deferred

32 ACT
3.4 GPA
Great extra curriculars including tennis team

I heard they are really really tough on GPA this year

Oh well

I applied on October 1st, hoping to get a response today… When did you apply?

Congratulations!!

Waiting not so patiently… No one from my school has heard yet either (we had 86 apply in the first notification period)!

What was your ACT Score? Mine is a 26 with a 3.85 GPA and I’m scared I’ll be postponed…