UW-Madison Scholarship Rebate

Has anyone whose scholarships (from UW and/or from other sources) exceeded the COA ever recieved a rebate check at the end of the year/semester? I’m curious to know what UW-Madison’s policy is on this. Haven’t found anything online about it.

I think you’re looking for the eRefund; if you sign up for that and connect your checking or savings account to it, Madison will automatically transfer extra scholarship money to the account (I think they start doing this starting Aug 25). If you don’t sign up for it, then they mail a check to your home I think.

You should also check how your scholarships will be awarded to you, as in will the Bursar’s office automatically take out the tuition cost from your scholarships and give the leftover for you to pay housing, etc.

Check now if you are signed up for eRefund or verify that your mailing address is correct.

Thank you both! Will do.

I looked at the page on UW’s website and it said the refund can only be used for housing costs. Are meal plans not eligible?

Post the link so we can read it and respond.

http://www.bussvc.wisc.edu/bursar/qryerefund.html

The gray bordered box, first paragraph.

It says that the refunds CAN be used for housing, it doesn’t say it MUST be exclusively used for housing. The eRefund info underneath states it will be deposited into your personal back account; Bursar’s office can’t control the money once it’s in your personal account!

Okay, thank you for clarifying! Just wanted to make sure what’s legal and what isn’t.