UW Seattle Class of 2027 Waitlist

Hi there!
My daughter is waitlisted at UW Seattle. What’s possibility of getting out of the list? Waitlist letter say UW would notify us by Aug. 01. Do they usually take that long or is it much more earlier than Aug. 01.

Any comment or advices are welcome!

Typically very low at almost every university.

As per their latest CDS, in fall 2022 UW admitted 127 off the waitlist, from among 5,453 waitlisted. That’s a 2.3% rate.

In other words, your daughter should interpret it as a rejection and move on. If, by chance she gets accepted off the waitlist after May, consider it a bonus.

1 Like

Thanks so much. It’s very helpful in this stressful time

1 Like

Their official website has even worse numbers…
We cannot assure admission to any student on the waitlist. The number of students admitted from the waitlist varies greatly from year to year.

• 2022: 8 of the 5,347 students on the waitlist were offered admission
  • 2021: 631 of the 4,668 students on the waitlist were offered admission
  • 2020: 1,870 of the 9,726 students on the waitlist were offered admission
1 Like

I need a quick reality check - D23 received a screenshot today from a friend who was waitlisted and now her (the friend’s) portal says “congratulations on your admission”. Is this even possible? I feel like there’s no way a waitlist is already moving. I don’t want to say the kid is lying but…I’m skeptical.

Why not? If someone declines on a major that is not super constrained, someone on the waitlist with that major can obviously be let in.

No that’s not how it works. Admission offers take expected yield into account. In other words they expect a certain number won’t enroll. Moreover, most students don’t actively decline their acceptance - they just don’t enroll. So the college won’t have an accurate enrollment count until after May 1.

@hicollegemom, I’m highly skeptical of that early WL acceptance.

1 Like

Does anyone know the number of CS/CE admits this year? I am not sure if UW communicated this info in the admit students meetups this year.

My son finally made his decision and went with UMD. He also declined his spot at UW for Pre-Social Sciences. Hope that helps someone. Good luck to all of you!

1 Like

Is anyone who applied to CS got pre science and got waitlisted for CS ?

Anyone from WA who applied for CS at UW Seattle and got prescience but waitlisted for CS ?

My kid just got in off the waitlist. She’s ecstatic I’m like :melting_face::woozy_face::woozy_face:

I have just been admitted from the waitlist for pre-sciences! Out-of-state!

My son was admitted today from the waitlist.

OOS

Pre major Arts & Sciences…this was for his 2nd choice major(Poli Sci), originally applied for Fosters and was waitlisted.

just got in for pre-sciences!

This is great!!! Means the list is moving :slight_smile:

Get off the wait list

My son just got off the waitlist OOS for architecture. Tough choice and lots to consider.

Congratulations to all who got off the waitlist. Anyone has heard anything on CS waitlist ?

There’s a new comment on UDub Reddit of someone saying they have a friend who got into CS off the waitlist. Hoping it works out for you! (My son is in CSE at the Allen School but was a transfer. It’s so hard for first years!)
https://www.reddit.com/r/udub/comments/13cyzqr/friend_got_into_uw_cs_through_appeals_despite/