Value Place Tuscaloosa?

<p>Value Place Tuscaloosa came up as having rooms next weekend for $105. I’ve never heard of it & there are no star ratings or reviews. It says its on Doris Pate Dr. Anyone know anything about it?</p>

<p>From what I can gather on their website, it is an extended stay hotel that normally rents by the week. Amenities are very limited as they assume that people staying there will buy those things (soap, shampoo, coffee maker, etc.) for themselves. It’s located next to the Cracker Barrel at exit 76. If you were interested in having your family stay here, I would contact them directly (limited front desk hours) and ask any specific questions you may have.</p>

<p>I finally found some reviews, they were horrendous. I think I will go back to the b’ham plan.</p>

<p>I just canceled my reservation at the La Quinta Inn in Tuscaloosa for Oct 14-18. The room may still be available. Their phone number is 205-349-3270. Good luck!</p>

<p>Malanai, are you coming down for the Ole Miss game?</p>

<p>As it gets closer to gameday, people will be cancelling their hotel rooms and hotels will be more willing to offer deals. It is necessary to call the hotels directly.</p>

<p>^^^I was hoping to but, alas, the airfares from Hawaii are higher than I hoped they’d be. Thanks for asking, Sea_tide.</p>

<p>Yes, I will look later in the week. LaQuinta was at $189 and since I am not working… the Hyatt Place in Birmingham/Inverness is $74 and its looking like the top option at this point and its fairly convenient to Atlanta.</p>

<p>We checked into the LaQuinta for BamaBound for $60ish, stayed about 20-minutes and checked back out. For me, I could never reccomend this hotel. It was somewhat dirty, in a sketchy area, especially if you get a room in the back of the building and just felt dangerous. I would have checked out sooner, but my husband dropped me off and went to the store for some quick supplies and he did not see the room. I was inside, scared and practically crying to my mother on the phone that I did not feel safe. When my husband walked in he said, “this place seems very dangerous” and I said “thank god, I thought it was me, let’s get out of here” and we chalked it up to a $60 mistake. Just my input on La Quinta in Tuscaloosa.</p>