Vanderbilt Class of 2027 Official Thread

I believe so, as those deadlines were for the scholarships if I remember correctly.

Just wondering if anyone who received the CV scholarship applied ED?

1 Like

Looks like we might be, but honestly, I don’t think I fit the criteria for any of them beside the National Merit one.

1 Like

My daughter applied RD and received an email on Monday with acceptance along with the Peabody Dean’s Achievement Scholarship, covering full tuition. She had applied for the CV scholarship, so this dean’s scholarship wasn’t even on the radar and came as a welcome surprise!

6 Likes

Congratulations to all who received scholarships. Some of them from this cohort have applied to Ivy’s too. What happens if the student who received one of these full rides decided not to attend Vanderbilt? Is the scholarship then offered to others who get admitted?

I don’t think so. They over award scholarship offers expecting that a portion of students will not take the scholarship.

3 Likes

I know someone who got the scholarship who applied ED1

1 Like

No–there is no re-award of merit scholarships. This is from the Vandy website:

“No, we do not re-award merit scholarships that are not accepted by their original recipient. We anticipate this occurrence and award merit scholarships to a larger number of students than we expect will enroll based on past enrollment data and analysis.”

5 Likes

Thank you!

Did anybody’s CSS profile was marked as received recently? Like march?

No, the CSS on my daughter’s portal was shown as received in January. I’d assume that it’s based on when you completed the info for the College Board.

How many Vanderbilt applicants on here have received interviews? Vandy is the only school my son applied to that hasn’t offered him an interview. He has great qualifications (GPA, test scores, ECs, LORs, etc.) and marked that he wished to be considered for an interview on his application, so the lack of an interview is a bit of a surprise

1 Like

I got accepted to MOSAIC without interview. Don’t lose hope.

2 Likes

I did not get an interview either and also had indicated that I wanted one. I’m wondering if there just weren’t very many alums in my area.

1 Like

Congrats to you!

Admitted with full tuition merit scholarship without interview

6 Likes

The interviews are not evaluative and really have no bearing on admissions. My S was not offered an interview at Vandy but had them with many other schools (they just don’t have enough alums to do them for all who request). S was still admitted RD a few years ago. Now about to graduate! Good luck!

1 Like

No interview, accepted to Blair RD with CV, but live audition included conversation/interview part.

3 Likes

Any updates on the decision date?

5 Likes

Also, does anyone know why a lot of my posts don’t have a like button? Did I do something wrong and get shadow banned in some way?
:flushed::crazy_face:

5 Likes