Very anxious. Very low GPA & SAT. [Nursing] Please chance me!

@mdnursing if this screen name is your real name, please change it.

You will need to email at:

admin@collegeconfidential.com

2 Likes

Did you consider Ole Miss? It looks like they have a direct admit program if you have a 3.5 gpa or a 25 ACT.

2 Likes

VCU and Radford in VA have nursing programs that arenā€™t as competitive as other colleges in VA.

2 Likes

I looked up requirements for Nursing school at UMBC - you actually do 2 years at UMBC but get your nursing degree from University of Maryland school of nursing. Highly competitive with only 70-ish spots.
I looked up easiest nursing programs to get into - saw this one:
Mansfield Univ in PA: Admission to the Mansfield University BSN program is the same as general university admission with additional nursing department criteria, which include the following. Applicants must submit immunization records and proof of physical and mental fitness. Candidates must have completed the following high school classes: English (4 credits), History or Social Sciences (3 credits), Lab Sciences (2 credits with at least one Biology and one Chemistry), Math (2 credits, one must be Algebra). As a result of disruptions in standardized testing availability due to COVID-19, SATs are not required for the 2022 academic year. Instead, the program will consider candidates with a 3.2-grade point average for all high school science and math scores.
Howā€™s your gpa for science/math only?

4 Likes

I noticed you listed Rhode Island College. Did you mean University of Rhode Island? If you applied/plan to apply instead to Rhode Island College, note that it is not a direct entry program. URI is also not truly a direct entry program, as admission to the clinical phase is competitive.

Do you want to be a nurse or a PA?

FWIW grad programs for PA are extremely competitive and many look for a couple of years of work experience in healthcare (ex. my Dā€™s friend worked as an EMT) before applying.

Have you worked with your guidance counselor to come up with a list of colleges? Can you get your hands on a good college guide book like Fiske, Princeton Review etc. (likely at your guidance office or library if you donā€™t want to purchase one) to do some preliminary research? Have you looked at some of the less competitive in-state options?

2 Likes

7 posts were merged into an existing topic: 3.6 W GPA, 2.9 UW GPA, 1260 SAT, and anxious. Posted on here & realized direct admit nursing is a reach- Where can I go for a Pre PA track?

Please keep in mind, the vast majority of nurses do not attend direct admit programs. You are very much still able to be a nurse even if you are not admitted into one of the direct programs. Itā€™s been a tough few years, be kind to yourself and realize both that your dreams are attainable and that your dreams may change.

8 Likes

OP has moved on to a new thought process, so closing. Feel free to read their new thread: