Virginia Tech Early Action / Early Decision for Fall 2022 Admission

@NJmom3G Just created one, but mods will have to pin it.

3 Likes

@NJmom3G @NoVaMom73 Apparently CC has decided to just use Wiki tools for EA and ED so they closed the thread I opened. Not sure if they are going to pile RD in here as well? :roll_eyes:

So they want you to post EA stuff in here.

Supposedly EA applicants will hear by 2/22. But VT has a pretty common routine of posting results on Fridays at or after 5:00 PM which would put it in the 2/18 zone. They usually post a hint on social media a couple hours prior.

8 Likes

Thank you!

Please stay on topic. If people are interested in which colleges require booster shots they will ask about it.

3 Likes

No, letā€™s not oversimplify: I donā€™t think this is just a post about Booster requirement in so much as discussing how VT has implemented, or has not implemented, policy in response to the issues surrounding the pandemic. What Iā€™m reading here is that remote learning was not handled consistently and at times not executed well. As a mom awaiting a decision, this is relevant information as we will be dealing with this for some time. I appreciated the post.

5 Likes

IF you wish to continue a discussion on boosters please feel free to start a new thread.

1 Like

You should sort through this post if you want info on how colleges are handling the virus during the current school year. Iā€™m pretty sure VT is discussed at some point in the hundreds of posts.

http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/t/colleges-in-the-2021-2022-academic-year-coronavirus-part-2/2795520/5628

Unfortunately, the recurring theme is that unless you choose a school in a state that doesnā€™t have virus mandates (some of the deep southern states), there simply is no guarantee of anything related to your childā€™s college experience. It can and does change on a dime, so you should adjust your expectations accordingly.

FWIW - all of my childā€™s classes at VT have been in person since the start of this year except for one, which has been hybrid for many years.

1 Like

Again- was NOT about boosters. It was about the teaching experience, regardless of mandates.

2 Likes

Thank you, momofab, for addressing my what I was trying to gain info on. Also happy to hear that your son has had in person classes.

@Carter6 Except the post below is what the hijacker replied to:

ā€œGOT IN!!! Good luck to everyone else. Anyone figure out how to accept?ā€

Appropriate responses: ā€œCongratsā€, ā€œGreatā€, etc. and an answer to the posterā€™s question.

Off Topic, non-applicable response: Anything that starts with ā€œā€¦mandated the booster shotā€.

1 Like

@Carter6 FWIW, in-person instruction isnā€™t always handled consistently or executed well either, and thatā€™s not an issue that is new or unique to VT.

Obviously.

Anyone have any additional info on when EA decisions will likely be released? Iā€™ve heard end of Feb, Feb 18th, and Feb 25th as possibilities.

2 Likes

I think it was February 15th last year! Fingers crossed we get decisions on the 15th!!

2 Likes

See the info at top of this thread. VT says by 2/22. They almost always announce on Friday, at or after 5:00 PM and usually a pre-announce post shows up on their socials a couple hours before. Reasonable bet is 2/18.

3 Likes

This seems to be the case (record-breaking numbers) across most if not all of my daughterā€™s chosen EA schools!

3 Likes

Yes, it is definitely the pattern for DD too.

1 Like

Same. Good on them for wanting to make the admissions process more accessible to URM and First Generation! My only observation is that applications to all the schools to which my son applied doubled in his high school. This is an affluent public high school. I think the uptick is mostly due to students being able to apply test optional to schools where their results would not have reached certain benchmarks not because they couldnā€™t afford test prepā€¦sort of frustratingā€¦

5 Likes