Virginia Tech Early Action / Early Decision for Fall 2022 Admission

Do they say something the day before or the day of? Basically, is there a warning decisions are coming :rofl:

Follow VT socials and there will usually be a teaser a couple hours before release.

2 Likes

do you think they might come out today since ed came out early too?

ED didnā€™t come out any earlier this year than last - results were posted on the same Friday last year (12/11/2021). Iā€™m pretty sure the EA tease was posted on VTā€™s overall twitter account last year. ED tease this year was posted from VT Admissions twitter.

Iā€™d put my money on 2/18.

8 Likes

Someone told my son that people were notified over the weekend that they were admitted? Does anybody know if there is truth to this or just a rumor?

Have they ever released on a Monday or Tuesday for EA?

My Dā€™s school had 100+ students apply to VT, and no one she knows has heard about EA. Small sample size, but one would think someone would have heard, so I am going with rumor.

3 Likes

@bagelenthusiast To the best of my knowledge admissions results have always been released on a Friday at or after 5:00 PM. Itā€™s a practice that I think a lot of schools seem to follow so that results donā€™t interrupt the HS kidā€™s school day. @jnksmimzy Itā€™s rumor - VT socials always post ahead of or at time or release.

2 Likes

I have a weird question, DD just logged into her portal to double check something and there was a pop-up box asking her to give permission to share her information with ā€œSlate by Technolutionsā€ Did anyone have something similar and any familiarity with Slate? When I looked it up, it is a CRM solution for colleges. Maybe it means they are loading decisions?

Technosolutions/Slate is the company that many (most) schools use to run their applicant portals, CRM, etc.

The message you saw was merely a ā€œre-permissioningā€ and has nothing to do with decisions being loaded. It comes up from time to time on the VaTech portal. I got one a few weeks ago. If your DD hasnā€™t logged in for a while sheā€™s simply seen the same message everyone else saw a while ago.

thank you, it had only been a week or so, we probably just caught their update cycle.
it was odd because no other college had required a permissions box like that one.
thanks for your help!
good luck to you!

Speaking of the portal and results releaseā€¦

Donā€™t be surprised (and definitely donā€™t panic :grinning:) if you get an error message when you go to check your status if you do so right when results are posted. Thereā€™s going to be some 30,000+ sets of fingers mashing their keyboards at the same time around 5:01 PM on the day they are announced. The site always hiccups briefly.

3 Likes

Lots of people speculating this Friday based on last year. Has anyone spoken to a reliable source that gives any credence to that speculation? Iā€™m trying to temper daughters expectations for Friday.

Also, in response to a post above, my kid also heard the rumor about early admits recently, but we come from a big NOVA school and between her school and sports, she knows a lot of kids applying to VT. Not a person she knows has received anything from them, so I think thatā€™s just a rumor thatā€™s cycling along.

1 Like

Traditionally VT has not run EA decisions out to the final Friday in the month. Trend has matched up to 2/18 this year but no one from the university is going to confirm that ahead of time. The good news is there are only 2 Fridayā€™s left in the month. :grinning:.

Follow VTā€™s main and admissions socials - they will post before it hits CC forums.

6 Likes

Anxiously waiting on VT results here too -hoping for Friday. OOS female for engineering. Acceptances in for Purdue FYE, Ohio State (with merit) & NC State (in-state). Those will be the top choices along with VT if admitted. Also has 2 high reaches that will release late March, but not sure sheā€™d choose either now even if accepted.

6 Likes

This will be the deciding factor for my son. Friday canā€™t get here soon enough!!

4 Likes

Any thoughts if it will be tomorrow? I have not seen anything on Social Media?

Usually they announce it on social media a few hours before release. I know UNC had a way of checking admissions early, are there any ways to do that with VT?

I think last year they posted on Instagram THE day the decisions were released!

1 Like

@NoVaMom73 @jnksmimzy VT socials always post the day of, sometimes at the exact time results are posted. Never a day in advance.

2 Likes