Virginia Tech Early Action / Early Decision for Fall 2022 Admission

If I recall, a couple years ago some applicants logged in to their portals before results were announced and were able to see status changes. This may be mixing up details re: other portal issues, but unfortunately if I recall correctly some of those status updates were in error so the good news ultimately turned out to be less than good.

1 Like

I was just trying to see if it will be tomorrow as previous posters have said

1 Like

The wait is a bummer I know. Hereā€™s a tip if your student is accepted - if VT is where they want to go, donā€™t wait to accept the offer. That matriculation date ties to when your studentā€™s housing selection window opens later in spring. So the earlier you accept, the more options you may have.

6 Likes

I heard that. My sonā€™s best friend was accepted in December and he is waiting on my son to complete his housing.

Double check on this, but his friend should be able to create the roommate group as soon as your son accepts VTā€™s offer (given a lag time for systems to update of course) and then friend can pull in your son. There shouldnā€™t be a need to wait until your sonā€™s housing selection window opens to do that unless they have changed something recently. Only exception should be if the friend or your son are considering an LLC and the other is not. LLC members generally have to room with other members of the same LLC in their prescribed residence halls.

2 Likes

When early decision came out earlier this season, there was an update on social media at 7:59 pm the Thursday before saying they were coming at 5 pm Friday. So a 21 hour heads up.

6 Likes

Wow! Thanks for all your information

Somewhere other than VT main twitter, VT Admissions twitter, or either Facebook page (TikTok maybe)? VT Admissions announced on both @ 5:03 PM 12/10, VT main liked at same time. Neither posted anything ED related on 12/9.

When we attended open house this fall, the Director of Admissions, from the stage, put up a slide with his Twitter handle and said we should all follow that address as he would always send out a heads up. I entered it on the spot. Heā€™s the one that posted the announcement. Iā€™ll try to link to it here. I was able to link but the time stamp in the link graphic says 4:59. When I look at it from my Twitter it says 7:59. Not sure who is on west coast time in the computer world, but at either 5 or 8 the night before he posted and update.

https://twitter.com/juanmorehokie/status/1469109582651924490?s=21

9 Likes

It was on the Twitter feed of Juan Espinoza, the Director of Admissions. Message WAY up there in this thread. Like message 16 or 17.

3 Likes

I didnā€™t know Mr. Espinoza had his own twitter account, so thatā€™s a good follow for people waiting on decisions. Seems a little weird that Admissions account didnā€™t tweet the same thing. Thanks for looking that up!

Yes, your sonā€™s ED roommate can definitely pull him in. My daughterā€™s roommate was also ED and pulled her in even though we didnā€™t deposit until the end of April.

Good luck everyone!!!

1 Like

Tomorrow at 5. The Twitter notification just came out on the DOAā€™s feed.

https://twitter.com/juanmorehokie/status/1494456614446903300?s=21

11 Likes

15 Likes

Iā€™ve predicted this 11 days ago. A perfect prediction!! :slight_smile:

9 Likes

So based on prior experience, will decisions also show Honors College, merit/financial aid, etc.? Thanks!

Thank you CC! You all always come through! Rumor around Dā€™s schools was the 25th (based on who knows what), so glad to see this tonight!

2 Likes

VA Tech just announced EA decisions posted tomorrow!!!

2 Likes

where? instagram?

never mind just scrolled up :slight_smile: