Virginia Tech Early Decision for Fall 2023 Admission

Last year they released on the 10th, so there’s a good chance.

2 Likes

They typically post on twitter before the release and nothing has been posted yet. I heard rumors Dec 15th which is the same day pretty much every school is releasing ED.

I had heard that initially as well, but I went and looked at what they did last year which was the 10th. So I figure it’ll be sometime between tomorrow and next Friday.

Same! since 2019 it has ranged from Dec 14th to Dec 10th. I wish we knew so we could be ready. I am nervous for my kid. :face_with_peeking_eye: I also regret going down the Common Set Data! Her major had a 29% admit rate for Fall 2022 for in-state applicants. Now we are completely stressed.

Good luck!

It’s a bit of a long shot for my son, so he is pretty relaxed about it. If he gets in, he’ll be thrilled, but he’s expecting a deferral, so he’s not thinking about it too much.

I probably stress about it more than he does… :slight_smile:

3 Likes

ED Tomorrow at 5. Just posted on Twitter

6 Likes

3 Likes

Good luck everyone!

4 Likes

My son was deferred to EA. He’s sooooo disappointed. Boy is it going to be an excruciating wait until late February! Hope others had better luck!

1 Like

Son got in! In state Packaging Systems and Design.

6 Likes

My Daughter got deferred to EA. She is very disappointed crying in her room. She thinks her changes are low with EA.

1 Like

hahaha… so, I did not tell my son about decisions being released today because I didn’t want him worrying about it all day, but he’s left to go hang out with friends (while I was on a business call), so I probably won’t find out until late tonight or tomorrow. Sigh.

That’s a bummer, I’m sorry. It’s hard when a kid really wants to go to a particular school.

We went into the application process figuring he’ll not get into most of the competitive programs he’s applying to (he’s going for engineering), so we did a couple of safeties first to take the edge off.

Fortunately for your daughter there’s a lot of really good schools out there, and she still has time to search a couple out and apply. And she still can get in during EA.

Son was deferred to EA as well. Same with all his friends. In state and NONE were engineering. Sad.

3 Likes

Good luck to him! What major did he apply to? My son applied EA so it’s a long wait til late Feb!

Congratulations!!!

I’m so sorry to hear! A deferral is not a “No,” so there is still hope in the EA round! Hugs to her! What was her intended major?

Oh the suspense!! I would be texting my son to check his portal! lol! Good luck to him!! My son applied EA to engineering, and we’ve got a looong wait!

I’m tempted… but I’ve also been trying to not make this a big deal. He’ll end up at the right place for him, and if I start going all crazy over it, it’ll undermine that… :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Yes I keep telling her that. Hopefully she get over it soon.

1 Like