Virginia Tech Transfer 2013

<p>I am a transfer from VCCS, will get my associate degree in the summer. 3.15 GPA, applying for engineering. I already have a hokie bird, and I really hope its a good sign.</p>

<p>Hi guys, I am also a student from NVCC seeking to transfer into Vtech or UVA, if possible. This is my second semester and enrolled in 17 credits. In the fall I have completed 18 credits with a 4.0 GPA. My high school GPA was around 3.8 and my SAT was 2110. I didn’t know what the Hokie Bird was until I read last year’s thread on Tech transfer and apparently it’s a good sign that you got in. I hope this is true, but the bird was there for about a week and a half. From what I’ve read, admissions usually send decision notifications roughly about a week after the bird comes up. Is it just because the date to release the first wave of applicants is beginning of Feb for priority applications?</p>

<p>I am a transfer from NVCC with 28 credits completed having a 3.6 GPA. I am taking an additional 21 credits this semester and 13 credits over the summer. I am applying for the Pamplin College of Business and am following the Pre-Med as well. I applied by the Priority Deadline ( Jan 4) and should here back by Feb 1 there undergraduate admission office has said. I had the Hookie bird on my application for more then 2 weeks now. So I should see my decision on my application status page by this Friday hopefully.</p>

<p>Does anyone know around what time they’d post decisions on friday?</p>

<p>@VThokie12 - I transferred from GMU for cpe too last year! My schedule looked slightly different but I’m sure you’ll get in. Good luck to you in your spring classes and don’t slack off!</p>

<p>@jkiwmom - Believe me when I say this, you are free to celebrate because it means he’s in. Obviously if your son goes full ■■■■■■ this semester, that can change, but he’s golden. </p>

<p>Also don’t fret if you guys don’t get the bird early on. I got mine a while later after my friends did. It might have to do with your major.</p>

<p>@cityboii, How do you know that the decisions are coming out on friday for priority students? I was only told that the first week in feb it will be out, But I hope you are right.</p>

<p>@VTHOPE45: I was told by the director of the Pamplin school of business and the undergraduate admission counselor that they will release decision for priority deadline by Feb 1st.</p>

<p>To qualify for the priority deadline you had to have all documents or just the application in?</p>

<p>@FireFight22: in order to meet the Priority Deadline, you would have had to submit all your materials (high school & college Transcripts, SAT&ACT scores, Application, letter of Rec, ect.) by Jan 1 postmarked. If u did later on I don’t know if you are consider for the priority action.</p>

<p>I’m enrolled in at VCU as a freshman and have a 3.67, my HS gpa was 3.5. I had a good essay (I think) and plenty of ECs, but I applied as a statistics major and am worried that may hurt my chances since the classes I’ve taken are: Bio, Bio lab, Orchestra, Astronomy, Pre Calc, English. I’m currently taking: Calc I, Chem I, Chem Lab, Philosophy, International Relations. I have an AP credit for Statistics but that’s it. do you think this could be a probem?</p>

<p>Students from Northern Virginia Community College wishing to apply for early decision were instructed to complete the online application and e-mail unofficial transcripts by midnight on January 4, 2013 (or have official transcripts mailed and postmarked on or before January 4). There was no requirement to send high school transcripts, SAT or ACT scores, letters of recommendation, AP scores, or anything else.</p>

<p>No they require you to submit a high school transcript to see what courses you have taken to forefill they’re requirement such as foreign language,ect. They also require ur SAT/ACT scores to just have them on file. They will only judge you on at ur college work if you have completed 12 or more credit hours and won’t evaluate you application if you don’t submit your highschool transcript or SAT scores.</p>

<p>I am transferring from NVCC and got the e-mail that said what was required… an online application and official or unofficial college transcripts due or postmarked by midnight, January 4, 2013. Also, I have a brother at Va Tech right now who is a junior and was accepted last year under this program (although he earned an A.S. degree and I have not). The high school transcript and SAT scores are not required for acceptance, and only the high school transcript is required for admission (at some point after you’ve been accepted).</p>

<p>Ok. So the admission decision are posted online now and the admission office will mail out acceptances today. Yet for some reason my decision isn’t posted and I have a hookie Bird and everything. Someone at the admission office told me to contact the program I am applying for (Pamplin School of Business) and ask them if there is a delay on decision or something wrong. I really don’t know what to do now.</p>

<p>^my S has the hokie bird too, but no decision yet posted on status page. Try not to worry! </p>

<p>Usually admissions offices post decisions at the close of the day on a Friday. They generally do this in order to avoid phone calls (disgruntled applicants, or mainly parents, are less likely to call after they’ve had time over the weekend to accept bad news). So my guess is that they will post the online decisions around 4 or 5:00 p.m. today. Just a guess though.</p>

<p>@jkiwmom: yes that makes a lot of sense. I just spoke to another admissions counselor and he told me the same thing. That the admission decision will be posted online ur status page and links to accept your offer by 5pm today. It will be in a separate box too. I hope I get in.</p>

<p>Good luck to you and everyone who’s applying.</p>

<p>Good luck to everyone today! It’s times like these that I wish I applied by the priority deadline.</p>

<p>Anyone get a decision yet?</p>

<p>@BUKLAU Thanks, so far it’s going well but I can see I’m going to struggle quite a bit. I really packed my schedule with Chemistry (didn’t know I needed the class), and with ECE201 and PHYS160/161, I’m taking 3 labs on top of 3 recitations and lectures ever day. Really tough semester. </p>

<p>Also did you by any chance send recommendations or SAT scores? I sent my application and included everything asked besides those two.</p>