Virginia Tech Transfers Fall 2011

<p>I did not do well out of high school i got a 2.6 because i just didnt try a whole lot which i regret a lot. I am attending Shenandoah University now and am doing well for the first time ever in school and im very excited about my academics. I got a 3.5 for my first college semester and I applied to tech to transfer next fall. I had well written essays that i believe explain my sincere grasp of change and optimism to my future academic career. I had okay scores on my SAT’s and am applying to tech to go to business. Do you think ill have a shot? Im really hoping that i get in!</p>

<p>I found out yesterday that I got in. I’m a sophomore at Norther Virginia Community College. My G.P.A. was weak (3.138) but I did very well in my Econ classes (which is what I intend to major in) and my SATs were 1410/1600. Anyways, my real reason for posting on here is now I need to find somebody to room with. I’ll be a junior this Fall and would love to find a couple of people who enjoy having fun but also want to get an education. Message me if you fit this description.</p>

<p>nvctransfer The Hokie Bird just showed up on my stats page yesterday and today it is still there so I am hoping I will find out soon. I am getting very anxious. How did you find out you were accepted?</p>

<p>@nvcctransfer when did you apply? </p>

<p>Im from nvcc as well, and I applied around end of Jan. vt got all my transcripts by 2/4/11, but I haven’t heard from them yet.</p>

<p>ihatemonday and wtwmjm
I got lucky and have been in communication with one of the woman from the undergraduate admissions office for the past month so she took the time to personally call me but said that I should be expecting my packet in the mail sometime in the next 3-4 works so my guess would be that you all should know by then. I have the Hokie Bird on my page as well but nothing besides that. I think it merely means that they’ve gotten all of the transcripts they did (i.e. high school and college) however I could be wrong. Good luck to both of you guys and if you get in and are looking for a roommate don’t hesitate to message me.</p>

<p>I too was accepted on the spot at the VCCS meeting</p>

<p>it was run at Woodbridge up here in Northern Virginia.</p>

<p>Haven’t gotten anything in the mail but I’m not too worried.</p>

<p>The application status page said I signed an honor statement too. I don’t remember that but oh well…</p>

<p>@ihatemonday & nvcctransfer & remote99: Did anyone of you apply for the College of Engineering? It seems like nvcctransfer isn’t an engineer cuz Econ class is not course requirement for an engieering degree. I applied to Virginia tech College of Engineering and I wish I could talk to somebody before I go off to Blacksburg.</p>

<p>          </p>

<p>i applied to the college of engineering, but i have not been accepted yet. i dont think anybody in this thread has been accepted to engineering yet actually. did you get accepted? if so, how long did it take for vt to make a decision?</p>

<p>I don’t know. I think I’ll be notified before April. I really wish I could have been admitted on the on-site admission day. V-tech gave admission right in nova campus on Feb 1st. What a nice way to be admitted? The event was completely full so I couldn’t join it.</p>

<p>Aw Selkhan. I was so lucky that I showed up on the last day without appointment and they received me.</p>

<p>marioqwe, were you a freshman transfer?</p>

<p>Selkhan, your pm is off. But to answer your question, yes, I am taking EGR 246 at Annandale right now, but technically I graduated in Dec already. I also took a few classes with Huang, shes probably the best of the egr teachers at nova. good luck!</p>

<p>@iHatemonday Oh I didn’t realize I disabled PM. I’m new to CC.
It’s nice that you finished most of classes by 2010 Fall semester. You’re like automatically in if you already have all requirements for engineering degree with 3.0</p>

<p>@Marioqwe… wow I should have shown up on that day!! I had an important class at that time though. Anyway I applied under the GAA so I’m not too nervous about being notified. But, if I ever happen to screw up the GPA for this Spring semester, the chance will be gone forever. If my GPA goes down significantly, they’ll rescind my admission so I’m nervous about my current grade (I’m taking more than 20 credits now …)</p>

<p>I really wish to get the package from VT soon.</p>

<p>Hey I would like some feedback on my chances for transfering into Tech’s engineering school!! </p>

<p>I am a freshman at GMU and got a 3.79 gpa…I took most of the same classes I would have taken at tech…Calc 1, Chem, English 101, Intro to Engr, Engr Graphics, and I am now taking…Calc 2, Micro Econ, Intro to EE, Physics, and Major world regions</p>

<p>I got a 3.79 in High school for my weighted GPA as well</p>

<p>Any feedback would be great!</p>

<p>They would definitely look at your SAT score too if you’re applying as a freshman.
If you went to FCPS high schools, I think 3.79 GPA is good enough for Tech. Keep your fingers crossed</p>

<p>I am trying to get into the college of engineering as well…and i have yet to hear anything. My College GPA was 3.79 with 16 credits & a 3.78 in HS weighted…</p>

<p>Anyone want to give me input on my odds of getting in?
Anyone have any idea when we may hear back? I have no idea…</p>

<p>OMG! Now I see the HokieBird !</p>

<p>It says my transfer credit evaluation may be complete</p>

<p>I applied on Feb. 7 (College Transcript: 11th / High School Transcript 25th)</p>

<p>selkhan, i also got the bird this morning and it says “your transfer credits may be complete” and then a link to ‘check here for specific details’
when you click on that link, do you see transferable credits?</p>

<p>Jyeva13, Nope not yet. I guess it has not updated yet.
According to what others said, the hokie bird is a very good sign that I’ll get the mail soon.
I’m really looking forward to get the admission mail</p>