Virginia Tech Transfers Fall 2011

<p>thats what I’ve been hearing too from like everyone (I hope its true), but I definitely don’t want to keep my hopes up just because of the bird haha.
i hear they change the status again within a couple days if you’re accepted even before some people get their decisions in the snail mail!</p>

<p>i received the hookie bird this morning too. I have heard that that means your in. I got accepted into JMU also, and they didn’t evaluate my transfer credits until after I was accepted. If you haven’t been accepted i don’t think they will waste their time evaluating your credits to see which ones will transfer. I’ll keep my fingers crossed as well, but I think this bird means we are in.</p>

<p>Sweet! I just logged on and have the bird also! I’m pretty excited. I don’t want to count my eggs before they hatch, but it seems like a good sign! I’ve never even visited Tech, but hear great things about it as my cousins went there!</p>

<p>mgaskins, how did you find out about jmu because i also applied there early february and i’ve heard zero updates from them =/</p>

<p>Jyeva13 I received my acceptance packet from JMU march 17. About 3 days later I received my credit evaluation papers in the mail. But I also failed mention that I applied to start summer 2011 at JMU so that’s prob why I have heard back before most. Summer classes start may 16, so they probably wanted to allow me as much time as possible to make the transition.</p>

<p>I just received admission to Tech. I’m an EE major. I’ll definitely accept it.</p>

<p>hey selkhan…can you help me out, i’m worried that i didn’t hear back! can you give me what your stats were? i’m a freshman at GMU… 3.79 GPA after one semester and i also applied as an EE major…</p>

<p>my first semester: calc 1, english 101, intro to engr, engr computer graphics, chemistry</p>

<p>my second semester: calc 2, major world regions, micro econ, physics, intro to ee</p>

<p>@financiallylost, what is your major?</p>

<p>^ Funny that I just happened to be on CC for the first time in awhile and I see this. Anyway, I’m a Psych Major now but the major i came in as was under the College of Liberal Arts & Human Sciences.</p>

<p>hey funnythewayitis, what major did you apply for at tech?</p>

<p>I just saw the hokie bird today…hopefully the rumors are true and that I am accepted!! Keeping my fingers crossed!</p>

<p>here are my quick stats:
Freshman Transfer - Electrical or Computer Engineering major
HS GPA: 3.78 (6 AP’s, did not do well on the AP tests, mostly 3’s, one 2 and one 4)
College GPA: 4.0 first semester 16 credits at NVCC annandale
SAT: 560 cr, 770 math
ACT: 25 english, 34 math
Essays: Just took the ones i wrote senior year since they were basically the same topic and I worked my butt off on my senior year essays.
Fairly involved in HS ECs (Track, XC, math league 3-4 years each) but absolutely none in college (this might hurt for other colleges but not as much for tech?)</p>

<p>I ended up getting waitlisted senior year and they took noone off the waitlist. I also applied to UVA and GMU as well, hopefully at least one of the three will accept me!</p>

<p>Has anyone else been accepted yet? I see that quite a few people have the hokie bird but only see one acceptance?</p>

<p>has anyone else seen a hokie bird?</p>

<p>My status page hasn’t changed at all</p>

<p>same here Im starting to get worried</p>

<p>i have the hokie bird but when i click it it says
“There is no transfer evaluation processed as of this date. If you have forwarded all final copies of your transfer transcripts to us, please allow more time for processing. Continue to check this website for updates to your transfer credit record.”</p>

<p>has anyone received acceptance AND had the hokie bird?
or
has anyone got denied YET had the hokie bird?</p>

<p>I just received admission to VT. It doesnt state that I am in the engineering school though but whatever, I am currently a freshman anyway.</p>

<p>I did have the hokie bird. And my stats are posted earlier in this thread but ill sum them up for all of you.</p>

<p>HS GPA: 3.78 weighted 6 APs
College GPA: first semester 4.0
SAT: 1940
ACT: 29
took both tests while in high school and have not retaken them since.</p>

<p>I was accepted right after getting the hokie bird as well (the next day). Does anyone know if/when physical acceptance packets will be mailed?</p>