Virginia Tech University Honors priority deadline changed today

I noticed on the Virginia Tech Honors website under “applying to university honors,” the priority deadline for first year students changed from Dec 1 to Dec 8 today. I read that this happened last year also. Did anyone else notice this? The link is http://www.univhonors.vt.edu/.

Pretend the deadline is December 1. Don’t procrastinate if it’s important to you. My son had all his paperwork in on October 14 but was notified that they still needed something from his school. If he’d waited until deadline he would have been out of luck and time. I think the extension is due to all the drama with receiving test scores from College Board. They’ve been a mess this year. Good luck.

Good point, OspreyCV22. I am not going to tell my son about the change. He needs to finish it by the 1st. Right now, he’s waiting on the guest account link. Hopefully, he will get that soon. Thanks!

According to the Honors website, once you submit your regular application, it takes 24-72 hours to gain access to your Application Status page. Then you will see the link to the Honors Application. Admissions then give you a few days to submit the Honors Application. I would think this is why the deadline is a week later.

Wow, thanks for the heads-up!

Also, I know their Honors application was not working correctly. You couldn’t put in AP classes. They fixed the problem and now it seems to work.