Vt ea 2023

Hey guys! I applied EA to VT’s Pamplin School of Business for Accounting. Please chance me for admission!

Stats:
1410 SAT: 670 Reading, 740 Math, 7/5/7 Essay
GPA: 3.76 UW, 4.26 W
No SAT II (didn’t have time to do it )

Demographics:
Asian-American (Chinese)
Low income less than 20K total for both parents; I provide a majority of the income for my family with my 2 jobs
1st generation college

Business/Work Experience:
Ran my parents restaurant at 11 years old. Gained all my business experience from there. I advertised, called the accountant, ordered supplies, and managed social media page. Yess…I did work as a 11 year old. 37 HOURS PER WEEK AS A KID…
I’m was the manager of my family’s restaurant.
Now, I’m working as an assistant manager at another restaurant and a supervisor of a grocery store.

ECS:
National Honor Society
Math Honor Society
National Technical Honor Society
National Spanish Honor Society
Senior BETA Club
Ambassador for Math Honor Society; I run all the tutoring programs and organize events
President of Asian Culture Club
SODA: I help 6th graders by creating lessons to teach them about personal values and peer pressure
SOHO: I help a kindergarten teacher in the morning before school set up the morning activities and help the students.
Student Congress: Organize events to promote equality and inclusivity in the county.

Awards:
2016 3rd Place TSA REGIONALS STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING
2017 1st Place TSA REGIONALS STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING

Essays:
Common App: Talked mostly about how my second trip back to China made me realize that I was disconnected from my Chinese roots. 8/10
VT Essays: 8/10

You allegedly ran a restaurant and worked 37 hours per week as an 11 year old and did not select that as the topic for your Common App essay?

@MarinaraSauce2 haha no. I didn’t really want to be too braggy and I didn’t realize that until now lol. Thanks! :slight_smile:

@stevenj17 - @MarinaraSauce2 is right - that would have been an interesting essay topic

Yea it would have, but it’s not really easy for me to write about…:frowning:

Why did you apply ED to NYU Stern if your family income is around 20k? They don’t give very good financial aid

@hunchojack tbh i have no idea. NYU is my top school and I would go there even if i would be in debt…

@stevenj17 you realize you would be over 100k+ in debt. Even with a high paying job it would take years to pay off…

@hunchojack yup. im willing to take that risk. on the NPC it said NYU would be $26K bc my income is very low.

Good luck bro. I wish you the best

Thanks man! r u applying to VT? @hunchojack

@stevenj17 applied ED for engineering. i have low expectations though cause I how competitive it is

@hunchojack r u in-state?

I’m instate! ;0

Yes,

@hunchojack if you applied ED, you’ll be fine! There’s a bigger acceptance rate for VT Engineering for in-state ED! Good Luck!! :slight_smile:

do we know when EA is being relased

From the VT admissions website…

I would not expect decisions earlier. They usually stick with their dates.

Does anyone know how VT notifies applicants? I know tomorrow is the day, and good luck everyone, but I’m just curious as to what their method is for notification. The portal looks like crappy PeopleSoft software.

You will be notified on the crappy PeopleSoft software portal.