VT Early Decision Admissions

My son got in and is now in the Corps of Cadets as well. Also (see earlier post) my daughter came home from VT safely today–despite the usual crazies on 81. Seriously–all new students/parents need to up their long driving game for this.

Just got accepted into the CoS for Chemistry!! I’m very excited and best of luck to anybody who was deferred

how many people get denied and what is the difference. why do people get deferred instead of denied???

My son got deferred for Engineering.

I applied as a transfer student to the CoS. My major is Physics. I haven’t received the decision yet. OMG this is too stressful.

anybody get an error when paying the matriculation fee? but afterwards, it said I had paid it? pretty confused

Just got accepted to Engineering! We are very happy! Hope everyone who is deferred gets in also!

Son accepted to college of liberal arts and human sciences. Joining sibling with same major, sophomore. Central VA.

My daughter got in too!! ???

Anne Shirley - what were your son’s stats? My son applied EA to College Liberal Arts and I haven’t seen many others on here that applied to that school.

@thenobody transfer students will be notified around April

@kathyrain weighted GPA 3.88 through end of junior year and 1170 SAT. Older sibling with same major already at VT was 3.92 and 1310 SAT so I was worried how it would shake out, however the classes son took in HS went hand in hand with major and did flourish in them. Also applied for a major the college is trying to grow.

@kathyrain. Also son has 2 APs on transcript and older sib had 4

I have friends who were notified on the 14th

@kathyrain. Lastly my son also only applied to 2 schools. The other was more of a safety and his guidance counselor told me to my face that 2 was fine and I should not let parent pressure make me fear that. Nonetheless I still was a tiny bit fearful but at least we didnt spend alot of money on app fees.

Does anyone know if all applicants who are deferred are automatically deferred to early action?

@757MOM The message displayed for my son’s deferral was that they’d go into the Early Action pool and be notified by February 22nd.

Anne Shirley, thanks for all the info. Congratulations to your son. My son applied to the the National Security & Foreign Affairs major within the College of A&S. Small major that coincides with his interests. His stats were 3.43 gpa/1280 SAT, he’ll have 4 AP classes total. What major did your son apply to?

@kathyrain. Performing Arts (music/theater/cinema). It’s scary to read engineering stats so hopefully this gives you comfort! Some of my son’s non engineering friends also got into psychology and environmental. Smart kids but not crazy scores and APs.

@kathyrain , my son also applied to the National Security & Foreign Affairs major. I got the impression at the open house that it’s a relatively small major, which made the big school feel much cozier to me. Hopefully our kids’ paths will cross!