VT Early Decision Admissions

The small majors at VT are the best of both worlds. In performing arts they literally have one on one attention from professors and personal relationships with teachers but have huge huge choices in common curriculum and all the variety and choices of going to a big school.

@momofrdk I hope they both get accepted! The program looks ideal. Not sure if my son’s gpa will be high enough, but we’ll see.

Daughter got into HTM. 3.72 GPA and 1190 SAT. We were stressing big time. I was convinced she was going to get deferred or outright rejected. So we are happy happy happy around here.

Excellent congrats!!! What is HTM?

Thanks. Hospitality and Tourism Management.

My daughter was deferred for chemistry. Does anyone know stats for possible acceptance?

Curious if anyone that was accepted into Engineering and Honors would be willing to share their stats. My daughter applied Early Action so she won’t hear until Feb 22nd. She’s stressing big time. She has a 4.63 GPA, 1440 (760 on math), 12 AP classes, varsity sports 4 years and a ton of volunteer activities. Her brother is a freshman at Tech in the architecture program. I’m hoping she gets an offer.

I got accepted into engineering ED. GPA: 4.13 SAT 1450(780 Math 670 RW), 10 AP classes, robotics 4 years, key club officer, other extracurriculars. I’m assuming my gpa was too low for honors college, but I think your daughter has a high chance.

Thanks for the information. Congratulations on your acceptance. VT is an amazing school. Maybe Emma will end up there too :slight_smile:

I got in ED with practically the same stats, my math sat was 800 but her gpa is better. I got denied from honors college with a 4.58 GPA so I cannot comment on that, but I assume she will get in. Best of luck!

Thanks for replying. Congratulations on your acceptance :slight_smile:

We applied EA and so waiting to hear. The ‘invited’ language in the bottom of the page disappeared. Anyone else?

@Staclink what were her stats? I have one interested in chemistry, but I didn’t know if admissions standards for that major were different than most (I thought only engineering, architecture, arts, etc. had separate standards). Thanks

@Staclink you can see previous years’ admission stats at the following link. Just put in your major.

https://irweb.ir.vt.edu/webtest/admission_data.aspx