VT transfer spring 2019

I noticed they accepting transfer students for spring 2019, there are a few spots for specific majors. Let’s start a discussion if you applied

I am almost completely finished with the application, but I had not noticed that it was only for specific majors. I am planning on earning my teaching certificate and majoring in Psychology or Human Development, both popular majors. Does anyone know anything about what majors have spots open?

@time2pretend If you’re applying for spring 2019, yes. Did you get an email from VT stating what major were they accepting for 2019? Psychology is on the list btw

I don’t think I got an email, but if psychology is on the list it looks like I’m good. Thank you!

Do you know what majors are on the list? A friend is considering a transfer.

So do we have a list?

Does anyone know what the housing situation is for Spring transfers?

Hey! So I changed my application to a Spring 2019 transfer from Fall 2019 and I am super nervous. I know VT does not normally do spring transfers so I assume it will be very competitive. I have a 3.73 GPA with hopes of transferring to VT ASAP. My brother went to VT in 04-07 and graduated a couple years after the shootings because he was scared to go back until then. Hence, why my mom would not let me apply two years ago. However, I am still hooked on this farming/animal thing as she calls it. I feel like my Coalition questions have strong responses and my high school transcripts are decent. However, people say they care less about your high school transcripts as a transfer. People also say that if you have above 3.0 it makes you competitive, but I have seen people get denied. I want to study animal and polutry science, which does not seemed to be very competitive on any thread. I am not sure if anyone can say otherwise. I am considering going to Vet School, but that is not why I am transferring to VT. I want to be happy with my major if I do not go to vet school or do not get in. I did DE my senior year of high school and have about 60 credits by the end of the semester. I have earned 2 B’s and 11 A’s during my time at college with a few AP exam credits. I am currently taking Organic Chemistry and Physics. I have majority of my general education requirements as well. I have not taken Freshman English though because it is not offered at my college. What do you guys think?

Housing on campus is super tight. My friends say it is cheaper to live off campus anyways. If it is really a big deal then they might be able to find you a place on campus, but like I said it isnt worth it in the end people say.

I applied for the spring, has anyone heard back from them yet?

@leoff41 I think they would get back to us on Nov. 15. What was your major?

I still haven’t received my portal login information, despite both emailing and calling the admissions office. They confirmed that they have all of my information and said they would send it, but I have yet to receive anything. Does anyone else have this issue?

I still havent recieved anything. My application says processed on my portal login, but at this point it will probably be thursday. Time2pretend check your spam. My major is animal science.

My high school email was linked to my account from when I applied last year, so they were sending my emails there. Good luck tomorrow everyone! I hope you all get in.

Will the decision be on the portal or will we get an email? Where on the portal do we find out?

The decision will be available on the portal if it’s anything like last year. If you go to your application summary by clicking on Spring 2019 on the portal there will be a section that says something like Decision: if I remember correctly.

what time do you guys think it will be released?

Just checked I got in!

How do you know?

It was on the portal