VT University Honors Accepted c/o 2018

<p>Much to my surprise, I received my University Honors admission letter in the mail! Wasn't offered housing because the application submitted on it's own in January before I could write my essay, but here are my stats:</p>

<p>GPA: 3.81
SAT: 1210/1890 (610 M, 600 V, 680 W)
ACT: 25 (29 English, 26 Math)
AP Classes/DA: Music Theory, World Hisorty, Art History, US History, Psychology (4), Biology, English Language and Composition, English Literature and Composition (taking), AB Calculus (taking), Comparative Government (taking), DA at community college (Arabic 101 & 102)
ECs: marching band (4 years, Vice President), show band (4 years, captain), symphonic band (4 years), Students Against Destructve Decisions (3 years, president), Ethnicuty, Culture, and Language Club (1 year, Vice President & co-founder)</p>

<p>Has anyone else received their Honors decisions yet?</p>

<p>I haven’t, which makes me worried since I’ve seen a bunch of people post about it on Facebook. Hopefully my decision letter was just a day behind my general admissions and comes in today.</p>

<p>Both my admissions packet and UH letter were sent and received on the same day. If you haven’t received your packet yet, your UH letter may come with it!</p>

<p>I got my general admissions packet Monday and still no sign of Honors :confused: I just emailed them asking if all letters were sent out with general admissions.</p>

<p>If emailing doesn’t work out, try giving them a call. Their offices are awesome at answering questions an getting through the call wait list!</p>

<p>I got a response and was told that some letters weren’t sent until yesterday. A little relieved, but still anxious to get a final answer! :)</p>

<p>S received rejection letter yesterday (Ohio). Top level stats, so decision obviously is based on more than academics. VTech was already off the list due to financial reasons, so not a tragedy - just a surprise.</p>

<p>PoppaSmurf, sorry to hear about that! I attended a session on University Honors earlier this year and the speaker stressed how academics were priority, however diversity was a bit more to prevent ending up with a program full of just “brainiacs”.</p>

<p>I got my letter, today! I was accepted and offered housing :slight_smile: So excited.</p>