Waitlisted but Redirected

So I’ve been put on the waitlist for Cal Poly SLO (as a freshman, biology major, fall 2019) and I’m confused because this morning I got two emails from the cal state application telling me my application was redirected. When I go to the CSU app it does say that it was redirected to Channel Islands (it gave two of the exact same alert on the site telling me that), but on the Cal Poly applicant portal it still tells me that I’m on the waitlist. I haven’t been contacted directly by Cal Poly about this change. Does this mean that they didn’t update the portal, or does this mean that there was a mistake? Has anyone else experienced this?

According to another poster, this was a computer mistake. You are still on the waitlist at SLO.

@microwaveoven, @Gumbymom
My S did not get an email from CSU about redirection (probably as he has an offer from Cal Poly Pomona). But he got an email this evening from SLO that he might have gotten a redirection email from CSU, but he is still in the waitlist for SLO and is being considered. Not sure if others received similar email from SLO. I think they must have gotten many calls on this and are trying to clear things up.

Same here. My S also did NOT get an email saying he was redirected, but he did get that email saying he is STILL on the waitlist and being considered.

MY D got an email that she was redirected then the redirected campus said she did not meet the criteria for admission and listed 4 items. She meets them all. She sent them an appeal letter so now we are waiting.