Wake Forest Early Decision for Fall 2023 Admission

What time did you hear last month?

Nothing yet for us. They said between 7-8pm EST on a Fri. Still time.

2 Likes

Still nothing for us. Has anyone else heard anything? I have no idea if this Friday night from 7 to 8 PM is it exact science. Who knows.

1 Like

Nothing for us either. We have a College Fair Sunday afternoon and our schools WF Rep is going to be there. I think our school counselor assumed ā€œrollingā€ would be like last year where there was weekly notifications. Iā€™ll come back and post any info I can get from him. So frustrating and nerve wracking.

OK thanks for the update. Yes, please let us know after your college fair. This is nerve-wracking!! Agree 100%!

1 Like

The WF blog was clear this year is different and rolling ED meant notification at the end of each month. My guess is that the number of ED applications in September was up over August so they needed more time to review this round of ED. While I have no personal knowledge, I would expect the next notification to be on Friday 10/28.

Good luck to all anxiously waiting for an acceptance!

2 Likes

Congratulations on your D23 admission, what a terrific opportunity. We are entering our season as well, and are inspired by your diligence, discipline, and rigor in getting this done. Congrats!

1 Like

Went on the application portal tonight, and noticed a new section about interest for need based aid and a separate tab for financial aid checklist (only the FASFA is listed on the checklist) could this mean anything, why would it come up this week if sheā€™d be rejected on Friday? Maybe Iā€™m over-analyzing. Or maybe it means D will be deferred because we applied for aid? Also, the CSS isnā€™t listed on the required materials checklist, so does it technically need to be completed? Thanks for any insight !!

1 Like

Never-mind! D just checked and there is a similar page for her other schools. Sorry- we are just so nervous, over-analyzing everything. Good luck to everyone on Friday !

1 Like

We are nervous too so no worries! Good luck!

4 Likes

Good luck to you too! Hoping for great news for both of our families!

4 Likes

Hi there.

Question for you: after your daughterā€™s notification was available, I understand that a ā€œcheck statusā€ button appears which one then hits to find out if theyā€™ve been accepted or rejected.

If I were to ā€œpeekā€ and hit the button before my applicant child (we wonā€™t be together) , would they be able to have the same experience of hitting the button and finding out their status or once opened, is it done? I want to be prepared with the proper reaction beforehand, especially if disheartening news.

No judgments solicited from the forumā€¦just curious so I know how to best be prepared.

@DonnaSaksLA I donā€™t know the answer to the question as my D never gave me access to the portal. We were not together when she found out. She was with two good friends who would join in her joy or give her a shoulder to cry on in her in her sorrow. She did call me when she saw the button and immediately after the news - so I recommend the same plan for you. Good luck!

GOOD LUCK :four_leaf_clover: to everyone today as we patiently :wink: wait for this months decisions!

5 Likes

3-4 more hours ahhh!

My child was right on the cusp, the school portion of his application wasnā€™t in until Oct 3 while his was in Sept 15 with interview the next week. Ugh I really hope we are in the group tonight, but suspect not. I wonder if the November notices will be before thanksgiving.
I read last years thread where kids got texts from students, and the ID changed the day they got acceptances. Did any of that happen for anyone this year?

Does the student go to the common app to find the button to check whether they have been admitted?

@Calminsidevoices student goes to WF portal and look for an update status button. It should happen between 7-8pm EST- I did hear of someone that heard later so keep checking tonight. Good luck all!

2 Likes

Iā€™m also not clear when we might hearā€¦hope tonight. DS had everything in mid-September but didnā€™t get an interview until early October and ā€œheardā€ that only folks who also had an interview in September would hear in October. Not sure the source is valid or if itā€™s just kids passing along what they think will happen. I guess weā€™ll know if a few hours! Good luck all!

4 Likes

Nothing yet for us