Wake Forest Early Decision for Fall 2023 Admission

Hello, I was accepted on 10/28 at 7:30 & I am happy to share about my application.

Submitted Essays 8/17 , Interview 8/30, 2 Recs in 9/15

Illinois (OOS)
Submitted SAT (1480)
4.41 Weighted, 3.94 Unweighted
7 APs & 7 Honors Classes
Attended Wake Forest Finance Summer Immersion Camp
Active volunteer 30 hrs each year of high school, paid worker 2 years, President of 1 club, active member of 2 academic clubs, Head of Research from Congressional Debate, & others.

2 Likes

For those that applied ED, did you use the WF app? or common app? Do you think using their application is advantageous?

@PL3 - we used the common app because our school uses it to send the required info - but I think it’s makes no difference to WF which app you use.

1 Like

Unfortunately rejection for DS. He was bummed but took it well.
WF was a reach school - great ECs, decent but not excellent essays, 3.6ish unweighted (not sure weighted
going to guess 4.1). Did not submit SATs (he has a 1430 but was below that at time of submittal - don’t think it would have mattered). He will get into college and this was a good wake up call early to get the rest of his applications in better shape, which he did. Best of luck everyone!

2 Likes

So sorry to hear! Did you find out today?

Found out Sunday (DS was on a school trip over the weekend and we checked when he got home). Email came last Friday but he didn’t have his phone.

@veeshla i love that he was on a school trip and didn’t have his phone all weekend ( my D would not go on the school trip if it meant giving up her phone lol). You kid sounds great and I can tell you are guiding him well. Good luck in your search!

Thanks! Definitely didn’t leave his phone by choice. All the kids were on zero devices for 72 hours. Direct quote - “it was awesome that no one had their phone”.

1 Like

Has he looked at Richmond? It felt very similar to us.

1 Like

Any thought on good guess on when November notifications will occur? II can’t see them being ready by 11/18. The week of thanksgiving they all probably want a break. So Wednesday 11/30? Or Friday 12/2? Unless they decide to address it in a blog post, I guess we just have to wait and see! Good luck to all remaining ED applicants.

Funny you mention that
we toured Richmond the same trip as we toured Wake Forest. He loved it
then kind of forgot about it
and then loved it again. He did apply EA a few days ago and was considering (and still considering) ED. Colgate, Nova, Bucknell, Tulane all on the list (similar vibe schools). And are all reaches. He’s got a handful of big publics as well as UC’s (we’re in-state). He will land somewhere.

2 Likes

Hi everyone. Congratulations to everyone who has been admitted. My daughter applied ED and had all her pieces submitted in September, hoping to hear back by the end of October, but her counselor did not submit his pieces until October 6. We did not hear in October and are assuming we will hear at the end of October. Wake is her first choice, but she also has an offer to play her sport at a very good DIII school and they need an answer by November 15. We asked Wake if she might hear by then and they said no. Stressful times - difficult decision. Wish us luck.

1 Like

Meant to say we assume we will hear back at the end of November.

Was really hoping it would be 11/18
wishful thinking!

1 Like

My son submitted his ED to WFU 10.3 and had the interview 10.28. Does anyone know when will we be likely to receive the results? 11.18?

1 Like

I am guessing Nov 18. They still have all the Nov applications to review so I would imagine they want the October ones done before Thanksgiving? Am I just being optimistic? My son submitted his in Aug, but his high school didn’t have transcripts and recommendations in until Oct!

Yeah I’ve also heard students submitting in early Aug and interviewed in late Aug getting their results Oct 28. So hopefully 11.18.

The original ED blog post says “late November” so I think 11/18 would be very optimistic. I know how painful it is waiting for a decision, wishing you all the best of luck!

The blog says end of September, end of October, and late November. I originally was thinking Dec 2 but I now think Nov 18 is reasonable considering the following week is Thanksgiving break and they have to announce Nov application decisions by Dec 16. But obviously I am totally over thinking and over analyzing this but I guess we will know soon!

2 Likes

You guys think it will come out tonight?

1 Like