Wake Forest Early Decision for Fall 2023 Admission

Hoping!

Does anyone have any results yet?

nope!

Seems we had a wrong guess. Hope to get the result in at least Nov.

Ugh I was so sure! When do we think now? I assume not next friday?

1 Like

@Goldie52 -the staff leave either Tuesday or Wednesday this coming week - Expect it early the following week. My guess is Wednesday, 11/30. Hope for those waiting it comes earlier than I predict.

2 Likes

I donā€™t think so, but maybe! :woman_shrugging:
I hope its not on December 16ā€¦

2 Likes

I am not sure at all, but I think our portal shifted from saying Wake id to student id. Am I imagining that?

Didnā€™t notice that before. But it does say student ID now; donā€™t know if it changed from wake to student

1 Like

I wish it meant something but I donā€™t think it does. I took a photo of my daughterā€™s portal a week after she submitted her application to show my husband so he could check on the financial documents. I went back and checked that photo and it shows ā€œstudent idā€. the photo was from 4 weeks agoā€¦

1 Like

Just donā€™t be too sensitive about every detailā€¦ ;pretty sure now those submitting in Oct will get the result by the end of this week as the admission blog said it would be released by late Nov

2 Likes

@lechuga1 the school has thanksgiving break for the rest of the week after today. Unless you hear today (possible but unlikely), those who submitted by end of October should hear by mid next week.

1 Like

Is there a difference if you apply ED through common app or Wake application?

1 Like

@dar222 Wake Forest Admissions office treats each applicant the same whether they apply through the common app or the WF app. Itā€™s really an individual preference. Our high school prefers their students use the common app as itā€™s linked to Naviance and makes it easier for them to submit applications to multiple schools at the same time.

I was told there were additional essays on the wake forest app that students who did college min app were recently asked to answer

@dar222 as far as I am aware the supplemental essays are the same for WF regardless of what application platform you use.

2 Likes

Yes, I thought that too! There were extra essays for some of their merit scholarships though.

1 Like

Maybe I am reading challenged but when I compared the two the WF app is somewhat different.

Does anyone think thereā€™s a chance the october decisions come out this friday? I know they arenā€™t on campus but maybe automated? Iā€™ve heard talk of Friday, next wednesday or even today but all just rumor iā€™m pretty sure.

1 Like

My guesses have been wrong every single time. Our college counselor thinks maybe automated for friday, as today would be a little bit mean to kids to get deferred/rejected on thanksgiving eve. Possibly Wednesday or Dec 2. Like i said, my guesses have been wrong.

4 Likes