Want your Opinion! Chance Me for Fall 2015 Transfer?

Hi, I just applied to transfer for Fall 2015! Chance me, please! Thank you in advance! :slight_smile:

Transferring from out-of-state (currently a sophomore); will have completed 58 credits–probably will lose some in transfer
Completed a year at U Miami (FL), and currently attending Michigan State University (my home state)
Major: Marketing
College GPA: 4.0/4.0 unweighted
–H.S. GPA: 3.89 unweighted
College Curriculum: took a breadth of courses (maths, science, social studies, english comp, humanities, etc)
ACT: (Not reporting scores because it won’t enhance my application; I got a 25)
Extracurriculars: very heavy

• Pi Beta Phi (sorority)
  • National Society of Collegiate Scholars (MSU)
  • Phi Sigma Theta National Honor Society (MSU)
  • Alpha Lambda Delta National Honor Society (Miami)
  • National Honor Society (HS)
  • Varsity Dance Team (HS)
    Work Experience: Paid full-time internship for 3 months right after freshman year in college
    Recommendations: 2 (1 long detailed one, 1 short one)
    Application Statements: are really well-written
    -Personal Statement: about overcoming my dyselexia
    -Campus Specific: reason for wanting to go + talking about my stepdad who was a Badger and how he speaks at the Entrepreneurship Showcase at UW-Madison every year

~Double legacy: Stepdad and step-grandpa went to Wisconsin <-- they said it counted, but wouldn’t be weighed heavily

@transfergirl1995, I would say that you are very likely to get in! I am transfer student at UW and I got in with a 3.54 with 48 credits. Just keep up the good work!

@Badger7‌, Congrats! I have been reading the other posts to try to get a good idea of where I’m at… when are you starting at UW, or are you already there now?

@transfergirl1995, Thank you! I am a student at UW now. I started this past semester. Based off of your stats, you should be good! At soar they gave us the average transfer student GPA, which is a 3.5.

@Badger7‌, Whew thank you for the encouragement! Can’t wait to hear back! Did you end up hearing back earlier than the day they said they would inform you?

@transfergirl1995, No problem! I know how hard the wait can be. Yes I ended up hearing about a month early!

@Badger7, good to hear! How was the transition into Wisconsin? :smile:

@transfergirl1995, the transition has been fairly smooth! However, the classes are much harder here… but you seem like a hard worker so you’d be fine! UW is such a great school though… it has something for everyone. The campus is huge, but after about a week it starts to feel “small” and homey!