Washington & Lee Class of 2027 Official Thread

Deleted

Does all of thim means that W&L will release RD next Friday?

That would be my guess, but I haven’t seen an official announcement.

1 Like

DD got a message that W&L will come out at 8 p.m. this Friday

4 Likes

Sorry- message from whom? An email from W&L?

1 Like

Yes

1 Like

we got it now! thanks!

1 Like

Best of luck RD people. Let us know how it goes!

1 Like

Yes, good luck to those waiting on decisions tonight!

2 Likes

Son admitted. Now considering W& L and a VERY different small liberal arts school- both very selective. He’s seen both schools during the summer. Clearly visits with students on campus is in order.

2 Likes

In the same boat!

D23 accepted. Might need to revisit. We were there over the summer with very few students on campus.

Anyone know the Admit rate?

Is it more affordable than Dickinson with merit? These two schools gave me two completely different vibes like north vs. south.

1 Like

Need to look at whole package carefully today, but I believe so - by at least 5K, which is meaningful for us. Dick has loan and work study as part of package; I don’t believe W&L does. Agree with you somewhat on vibes, although I believe W&L has progressed a lot recently. And Dick isn’t is the most progressive part of PA. D is a little worried about Greek influence at W&L, but you can’t deny their solid rep (she wants prelaw). We may need to do a day at both again. Still waiting on 3 more as well, but 2 are very crazy reaches.

So it winds up being much cheaper - they calculated our EFC even lower than we thought it might be and met full need without loans and work study. Very generous!

1 Like

So fun to read about the 2027 admitted students :smiley::blue_heart::white_heart:

6 Likes

This is interesting, but I’ll be more interested to see the profile of those actually choosing to attend. I’m sure it will be very impressive once again. Just based on some rough math, it looks to me like the expected “yield” will improve, assuming they are targeting a similar class size as the recent past. Now I’m wondering what 2 states weren’t offered a single admission? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like