Washington & Lee Fall 2022 Admissions - Class of 2026

Not a finalist! A little bummed, but I already have a full ride somewhere else and am a finalist for another full ride…looking at law school so my undergrad doesn’t really matter either!

Congrats to anyone who is a finalist!

Some of my stats (might be interesting I guess):
34 ACT, 3rd in my class, FBLA State President (also another state position, leadership on local level extensively), class president/student gov involvement, key club, varsity athlete, business owner of LLC, local leadership program student mentor, yearbook, sport manager

2 Likes

My daughter received an invite!
She is thrilled. We are looking forward to the visit!

1 Like

Best of luck to her, the campus is gorgeous! Great school.

1 Like

Thank you!
If you end up at Miami, my other daughter may be there. :slight_smile:

Haha, did she get a full tuition scholarship there? I thought I remembered seeing you in that thread mentioning Singer or one of those major scholarships. I just found out yesterday I got a full ride to Creighton & then today found out I’m a finalist at IU Bloomington for a full ride, so I responded no to my offer of admission for Miami. I haven’t been on their campus but it’s pretty like W&L’s! And amazing weather as well, can’t beat Florida.

1 Like

Congratulations! Both excellent schools!!

And you’re 100% correct. It does not matter where you go undergraduate if planning on law school. Just do well in undergrad and kill the LSAT!

2 Likes

Hi! Congratulations! My daughter received a Johnson invite also- She is very excited. I will not be traveling with her- we live in Florida. Are you going to attend?

3 Likes

Yes I would like to go with her. She just registered so we’ll see what the travel arrangements are.

I visited the law school years ago but I want to see the campus from the undergraduate side. If she gets the scholarship W&L will shoot to the top of the list!

One of my other girls got in Miami so we will also be making a trip to Florida!

Congratulations to your daughter!

1 Like

Yes – W&L foots the entire bill!

1 Like

My daugther went alone. I guess there is nothing stopping parents from attending. It just never dawned on us to go with her.

Edited

Does anyone have an idea of when the RD decisions are historically released? The website says April 1, but do you think we will hear on this day or possibly before?

1 Like

I think if we hear back any earlier it’s usually just the day before! So March 31st ish

Safe travels to all the kids participating in the Johnson Scholar interview session! I hope you enjoy your time in Lexington.

Thank you. My daughter went in open minded, but wasn’t sure what to expect. After her Johnson weekend, she is absolutely in love with the school and the town. Everyone she met was nice and welcoming; students, deans, professors, bus drivers. She really enjoyed the class she attended and the enthusiasm for learning among the students. I don’t think it would be a real option for her without the scholarship, but we have our fingers crossed, and she made friends that she will keep regardless. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I could have written your post. My daughter had a fantastic weekend also. Fingers crossed for our daughters!

5 Likes

That is great that both of your daughters liked W&L. My son is a Johnson scholar and he has had many amazing opportunities so far at W&L. The Johnson scholarship is really incredible. Good luck to both of them.

4 Likes

Those invited for the Johnson weekend, can you share stats? ACT/SAT GPA?

ACT 36, all honors/APs in high school with high As, years of weekly service, good ECs, leadership & initiatives in service. Not sure how much they weigh those stats, but no doubt it was a very impressive group of kids there. All so deserving.

2 Likes

Good evening! Would any of your students be willing to give an interview to the W&L school newspaper about their Johnson weekend experience? My daughter, a first year, is writing an article. Please message me through CC. We can arrange for the interview to be entirely anonymous.

3 Likes