Washington University in St. Louis Early Decision for Fall 2024 Admission

This is the official thread for those applying ED to Washington University in St. Louis.

List your unweighted GPA, any SAT /ACT scores, and ECs. What majors are you going into?
Ask your questions, the CC community is here to help!

2 Likes

Here to break the ice…

For starters, who did the optional video/interview? What did you do for the video? How was the interview? Anything to get this thread going.

1 Like

Submitted video.
Had interview with a current student. Ended interview extremely excited about possibility of attending.

Good luck to everyone.

1 Like

Cool! I only did the video. I don’t want to share too much, but I think it was very unique and memorable (at least I hope so lol). GL!!!

1 Like

Alright icebreaker 2 because literally every other REA/ED thread is buzzing and this one’s dead…

What school did y’all apply to? I’ll start with mine: Arts and Sciences (whoopee! what a surprise.)

1 Like

Same

1 Like

hi! I applied ED to washu (submitted at the end of september) and did both an in-person alumni interview and the optional video! the interview seemed to go well - the interview felt more like a friendly conversation than an interview. as for the video, i finished editing back in august and i’m pretty proud of it. i don’t want to give away too much, but it’s about a niche fact about my life and i related it back to washu. couldnt be more (very) nervous & excited for december 15th!! good luck to everyone :slight_smile:

1 Like

i applied to the business school under marketing!

Hi - D is not applying until next year, but I have a question about alumni relations. The common data set says it is considered. Where in the application is that info added? Is there a specific question about it on the common app? On WashU’s own questions? Do we just include the info in an essay? JI am just wondering how they get the info. Also, do only parents count as a relevant alumni connection?

On the CA there’s an opportunity for each parent to name where they went to school.
That’s it.
Have known alumni whose children were waitlisted.
It’s only something that’s considered it’s not very important or even important.

1 Like

100 Questbridge matches today! Congrats.
100 seats filled for the Class of '28.

2 Likes

Nice! What day are ED1 decisions coming out? thanks

December 15

I know they said “by” Dec 15th but sometimes its earlier?

1 Like