WashU Fall 2022 Admissions - Class of 2026

On the WashU website, it says by the end of February for scholarships.

2 Likes

Is it normal admission process or Early decision 2?

I spoke with someone in Admissions today who said scholarship finalists will be notified in early March and that the interview weekend would be March 26.

1 Like

I called today and they were not sure if interviews were in person or remote and did not give me any exact dates.

But I should add that this is what the website states. " Interviews for Finalists:
Finalists are notified by the end of February. There will be a series of virtual events including an interview in March 2022. Finalists must attend these virtual events and the interview to remain eligible."

1 Like

Kirsten Smith is who gave the information about early March notifications with March 26 interview date. She did not say if it was remote or not–I assumed remote because website had said virtual.

1 Like

DD was admitted and she applied ED2, but the letter does not reference it and does not ask to withdraw other apps. What is up with that? She will be going there, in case you are wondering

2 Likes

It is just a known understanding
 You are committed, you are going there, why waste the time of admission college counselors from the other schools (to read her application) and why potentially take someone spot from admissions, as they have certain number of acceptances they give. My son said someone reached out to WashU and they said “You need to do it, but you don’t need to rush it, but please do it”

5 Likes

Thanks! My DD with still 6 months before school starts, already has one foot in St Louis and is raring to go.

4 Likes

My son was accepted ED1 and is still over the moon
 It is so nice to know where they are going, so they can enjoy the rest of their high school.

6 Likes

The right thing to do is to withdraw your application. You obviously have a qualified kid, congrats. But there are kids out there that will get admitted to a school if you withdraw from their pool. It would be fun to find out where you will get in, but that would be too selfish of a move. It would not be fun to miss an admission decision by one.

Reading past threads, students were notified about scholarships President’s Day weekend. I know someone said early March up above.

But checking if anyone has heard anything yet. With also having to do interviews it seems like applicants need enough notice to plan ahead. Especially with spring break coming up.

1 Like

Not a word here, my kid’s interview was a couple of weeks ago.

1 Like

No interview here. Hope that’s not a bad sign. WashU sure sent tons of emails and mail along with multiple fee waivers to get her to apply though! Good luck!

2 Likes

They do not have to restate the commitment that was signed.

From the Wash U page it is clear that the student, parent, and counselor sign the commitment statement when applying ED - someone signed for you or another parent that you understood the rules.

“Your Early Decision application is a binding commitment that you will attend WashU if admitted. Early Decision candidates and their counselors and a parent or guardian must sign the Early Decision commitment statement on the application. If you are applying Early Decision, you must have your counselor send us your first marking period grades in order to complete the application. You may apply for regular admission to any additional schools you choose. If you are admitted to WashU, you must withdraw applications filed at other colleges and universities.”

Anyone else’s checklist gone from their portal? I’m assuming this means they’ll either call finalists for their scholarship programs today or tomorrow like this did last year.

2 Likes

What checklist are you referring to? My checklist has been gone since my application was determined complete.

6 Likes

Oh actually? Wasn’t paying attention to my portal after I submitted

2 Likes

anyone else feel like calls for the scholarship may come out today? a year ago they did.

3 Likes

Feel like it could be but not certain since if you read above a lady there said March. But I think each program could release in different dates. They each choose their kids.