Week of Welcome

<p>What exactly is WOW and if my D is rushing/pledging a sorority, will she have the time and ability to participate?</p>

<p>WOW starts after Rush. Rush ends around Friday, right? WOW starts Friday night and continues until school starts.</p>

<p>Last year’s WOW schedule included:</p>

<p>Fri:<br>
movie and pizza on the Quad
Family Dinner
Riverboat Cruise</p>

<p>Sat:
Pool Party at the Outdoor Pool Complex</p>

<p>Sun:
Free food and Live Concert</p>

<p>Mon:
Comedy shows</p>

<p>Tues:
Convocation</p>

<p>there are also many, many other interest-driven club-driven events as well. The Honors College has some events, there are parties for various OOS regions, academic receptions, First Generation receptions, Open Houses, Community Service events, Tours, Info Sessions, etc. The actual WOW schedule is a few pages long.</p>

<p>FAQ: [Student</a> Affairs | Week of Welcome](<a href=“Weeks of Welcome - University Programs”>Weeks of Welcome - University Programs)</p>

<p>2011 WOW Schedule (2012 Schedule Not Yet Posted): [2011</a> UA Week of Welcome Schedule](<a href=“http://issuu.com/wow2011/docs/uawow2011]2011”>2011 UA Week of Welcome Schedule by Kristen Moore - Issuu)</p>

<p>No she most likely will not have time to attend most of the activities.
Preference is Friday and usually isn’t over until 8 or so. Your DD will want to hang out with the girls she has bonded with all week. She will be tired and emotionally drained.
On Saturday she will have Bid Day. It will start early (I have heard by 9 am this year as the football team has a scrimmage at 11 and everyone has to be out of the stadium) and go into the middle of the afternoon. Half of the sororities will leave for retreat that evening (usually between 4 and 7) and the other half will have a required activity. Those sororities that do not leave for retreat on Bid Day will leave early the next morning. The first group will return late Sunday night with the second group returning Monday mid morning…or even a little later.<br>
I do not have the current list of meetings so I suppose it is possible she attend the events on Monday and I believe that Tuesdays’ convocation is something all pledges have to go to.
Hope this helps!</p>